Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

06-13-2016

United States of America

19 Signins

170 Page Views

• Views: 170
  • Message 1 of 1

Problems with Canvas Learning Management System Document Viewer on Lenovo Windows 10 Laptops

2017-06-27, 17:10 PM

Hi Everyone,

This is getting pretty specific, but I'm hoping there is another random online teacher using the Canvas Learning Management System with a Lenovo laptop who has some insight on this.  I have been in touch with Canvas support, and we have figured out the problem seems isolated to Lenovo laptops, hence my inquiry here.

Here is the problem: Canvas recently switched from a document viewer and grading system called crocodoc to its own propriety document viewer.  After this change, the documents when viewed through the system have fuzzy text (like a bad scanned pdf or a typewriter with ribbon ink bleed).  See attached sample screen shots for old system (clear) and new system (blurry).

I'm wondering whether this problem is related somehow to the Windows 10 Intel Graphics driver update issues that was prevalent this spring (see a link here on this).  If so, is there a fix?

I know this is a long shot (dealing with a specifical laptop model and a specific learning management system function) but heck...I thought I would try.  I figure someone is boiling in record heat and stuck inside eager for a technical challenge ;-).

ML

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms