Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dimm0k
Punch Card
Views: 1,253
Message 1 of 3

Product Recovery - Recovery failed

HELP! So we recently purchased an X240 for a user and it's been nothing but issues. Shortly have installing the applications he needed, the machine has been having this weird problem of unresponsiveness for no reason. You'd start up Excel and then shortly after that the machine just "pauses" for many seconds before the mouse moves again. Anyway, after trying to figure out the cause I gave up and decided to restore the machine to its factory settings. Problem is, pressing F11 and booting into recovery the process stops about 1/8th of the way and says "Recovery failed." Does anyone know what this means exactly under all of this GUI interface? There's no details as to what or where it failed. I've even created a USB recovery disk to restore from, but it bombs out at the same place... I've asked Lenovo to send me recovery disks, but that's going to take time to receive and guess what... it's coming as a DVD when this machine has no DVD drive! HELP!

godwinmeira
Paper Tape
Views: 181
Message 2 of 3

Re: Product Recovery - Recovery failed

Me too
help please...
mattbeth79
Paper Tape
Views: 140
Message 3 of 3

Re: Product Recovery - Recovery failed

Same here. I have a ThinkPad X1 Carbon, 3rd generation. I created a recovery USB from the Lenovo website and get the "Recovery Failed" error when it is about 50% complete.

I think ordered a USB recovery drive from Lenovo, hoping the more official drive might solve the problem - no luck.

From what I have read, it might be necessary to use the USB 2.0 drive - tried that, no luck.

Others have said once it fails to restart the computer and remove the USB, and it might continue the recovery - no luck there.

I just ordered the DVD reovery, which will take 2-3 weeks to arrive from Lenovo.

I know many people have had luck creating a Windows boot disk and going that route, which I can do since I bought an external DVD drive. But is there no way to recover from the USB recovery?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors