US

10 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 4

Question about the WIFI connection of X1 carbon 3rd Gen

2015-06-21, 2:48 AM

Hi talent people,  

I got my X1 carbon 3rd Gen one week ago, at the beginning, everything worked so perfectly. But my wifi connection started to be on and off since three days ago. It always shows that the WIFI signal is the best, and I do have the "internet access" showing there. But my internet will be only working for 2-3mins and then stop working, everytime I need to wait for like 5 mins to get the internet back. It is so annoying when I am checking something important and the internet just goes off. I tried to search on google to see how to work it out, but I just cant. I really have no ideas about this issue now. If somebody knows what is going here on my X1 Carbon, please let me know. Thank you so much !!!  

Options

53 Posts

02-18-2013

US

69 Signins

427 Page Views

• Views: 427
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Question about the WIFI connection of X1 carbon 3rd Gen

2015-06-22, 2:40 AM

Don't know if this will help but a quick thought...turn off all "power saving" settings for all network adapters.  These are useless and cause no end of problems with every network adapter in the world.  :-)

Navigate to your "Network Connections" then right-click the WiFi adapter.  Go to properties then click on the [Configure] button.  Select the "Power Management" tab and uncheck everying that allows the computer to turn off the device.

Options

51 Posts

02-23-2014

US

52 Signins

632 Page Views

• Views: 632
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-06-22, 4:41 AM

Wow, I am having this problem too! I received my Carbon X1 on the 16th, so less than a week ago.

But... I think I've just started having these issues today - and when I am plugged directly into the router, not just wireless. I thought for sure it was our lousy AT&T DSL, which is excruciatingly slow, but we have a desktop on the same network and it doesn't seem to be having as many issues.

Today, I even got this 8024402C error when trying to run Windows Update (started there to see if it would fix the issue). The desktop computer (runs Win 7) did an update fine... 

Even the Lenovo Solution Center thought I had never even run a Windows Update so it was showing an alert. But I could show the details of Windows updates and could see all the MANY I have installed since the 16th.

I also got a quick flash of a message about Lenovo Dependency Package updates so I downloaded the update (it doesn't show up in the Carbon X1 list of downloads even though it is for my type (20BBS).  I had to go directly to http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031946 to find it. It is version 2.3.3.42. You might try downloading and installing it - read the release notes and see if you want to.

In the meantime, I did what the other person said and changed both LAN and wireless power management so it doesn't ever turn them off...  Shouldn't have on mine anyway because I've had it plugged in the whole time.

You might also try downloading the update to the wireless driver that was released 5/20/15 (version 17.16.1) in case yours got corrupted or isn't up to date.

Options

51 Posts

02-23-2014

US

52 Signins

632 Page Views

• Views: 632
  • Message 4 of 4

2015-06-22, 4:44 AM
Thank you for posting this! I unchecked mine for wireless and LAN. I would have never known this existed if you hadn't posted it!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete