Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

40 Posts

11-28-2011

usa

41 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 1 of 3

RAPIDBOOT on X120E ???

2012-08-13, 16:28 PM

Have any of you tried Rapidboot on X120E ??

And/or can someone explain to me how it works?  risks?

thanks

C

Options

455 Posts

05-26-2012

Raleigh, North carolina

191 Signins

14841 Page Views

• Views: 14841
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: RAPIDBOOT on X120E ???

2012-08-13, 19:14 PM

Hey cognus,

From what I can find you can not get Rapid boot for x120e, here is the link for the download.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS014895

As you can see under supported systems the X120e is not listed, if you have any other questions please feel free to post back.

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!
Options

247 Posts

07-19-2012

Raleigh, North Carolina

283 Signins

13588 Page Views

• Views: 13588
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: RAPIDBOOT on X120E ???

2012-08-13, 20:48 PM

Just to suppliment on what Hiro wrote, there are two types of Rapidboot software applications:

RapidBoot HDD Accelerator and RapidBoot Shield. The accelerator reads all the boot files and then zips them into one large file on the HDD, during the next boot it reads this file from memory rather than the HDD.

The RapidBoot Shield is a tool that tries to delay certain drivers, services, and startup applications so that you get to your desktop faster.  However, sometimes after adding 3rd-party software, especially security/encrypting/anti-virus applications, it can sometimes make the overall boot time slower. This software is currently available for download as Hiro links to above but as he said, is not supported in the X120e.

The Rapidboot Accelerator is supported on all of the 2012 systems but isn't available for download yet on the support site, I do know it will soon be added there for download.  Once it is up, it should list compatible systems and at that point, you'll be able to download it.

Cheers,

Ed

Was this or another post on the forum helpful? Click the star on the left side of the screen to give kudos! Did someone solve a problem you encountered? Mark it as "solution provided" to help others with the same problem.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms