UK

8 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 101 of 109

Re: x1 carbon wireless problem

2014-01-12, 17:32 PM

Was there an actual fix for this?

I'm using an X1 Carbon with a clean install of Windows 8.1. It has the latest WiFi driver but I'm still having regular WiFi dropouts. The WiFi seems to stay connected to the network (I can access other devices) but it loses Internet access quite frequently, and the only way to get it back is to disable and re-enable the adapter.

So frustrating.

Options

31 Posts

01-22-2014

United States

26 Signins

204 Page Views

• Views: 204
  • Message 102 of 109

2014-01-23, 15:42 PM

I have the same problem. 

After some long time running the laptop the wireless connection is completely gone (does not even show up in the network connections anymore, not even as a disabled network adapater).

Only reboot will solve this problem then, not logoff, not hibernate, not sleep. Real bummer.  The Windows 8 Assistant that comes on tries to solve it and then says that there is a Hardware/Driver problem.

Reboot solves the problem and I have full wireless strength back (sitting about 10ft away from the router in an open office).

Options

4 Posts

10-13-2014

Australia

3 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 103 of 109

2014-10-13, 2:08 AM

Does anyone have a known cure for the Lenovo Thinkpad Carbon X1 WiFi issue?

Sure there as some dumb suggestions in this thread, but nothing that actually resolves the issue.

(I myself think the issue is with Windows 8, but if people here are reporting the issue also affects Windows 7, then maybe not?)

Options

27 Posts

12-21-2012

USA

41 Signins

328 Page Views

• Views: 328
  • Message 104 of 109

2014-10-13, 2:34 AM

wrote:

Does anyone have a known cure for the Lenovo Thinkpad Carbon X1 WiFi issue?

Sure there as some dumb suggestions in this thread, but nothing that actually resolves the issue.

(I myself think the issue is with Windows 8, but if people here are reporting the issue also affects Windows 7, then maybe not?)

As I stated several pages back.  Use the v15.8 drivers.  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22741&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208*&DownloadType=Software%20Applications

Options

1457 Posts

06-08-2013

Spain

2003 Signins

20068 Page Views

• Views: 20068
  • Message 105 of 109

2014-10-13, 6:56 AM

Check here that you have the latest WLAN driver installed. This is version 17.12 at time of writing.

To find the drivers faster set the filter 'Component' to 'Networking Wireless LAN' on the driver page.

Kind regards,

Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider, Windows Insider MVP

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Looking to buy a Lenovo machine? Find your country

Belgium | Canada | Finland | France | Germany | Netherlands | Sweden | U.K. | U.S.A.

Options

31 Posts

01-22-2014

United States

26 Signins

204 Page Views

• Views: 204
  • Message 106 of 109

2014-10-14, 14:32 PM

The issue remains.  Whatever it responsible for this (Intel, Microsoft, Lenovo, ...) it is totally annoying and together with the display driver problems makes this not usable for a work laptop that you actually want to use from time to time on the road or in a conference room. We have returned all machines and replaced them with MacBooks.

Options

4 Posts

10-13-2014

Australia

3 Signins

27 Page Views

• Message 107 of 109

2014-10-16, 4:27 AM

I have been instructed to install the latest WiFi LAN drivers, which I did, however the user is still experiencing issues with his ThinkPad Carbon X1's WiFi. 

"We acknowledge your request for service. However, before we can proceed please kindly download the latest wireless driver from the link below 

http://support.lenovo.com/my/ms/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-carbon-type-20a7-20a8"

Today our ThinkPad Carbon X1 user reported to me yet another "WiFi" an issue that I have met before, that is, “Bluetooth mouse works erratically when using WiFi network”. From my own testing and experience Windows 8.1 all bluetooth devices experince connectivity loss while ever there is sustained WiFi traffic, it is just that bluetooth mice are used more often than other bluetooth devices.

I am sad to report, that updating drivers does not fix the WiFi issues people like our users are experiencing.

I look forward to a time when this issue has been acknologed and then resolved.

Personally I believe the issue is with Windows 8.1 and not Lenovo or any other OEM as I have seen this issue on Acer, Microsoft Surface Pro 2, and Lenovo products when Windows 8.1 is the operating system. I do not believe that Windows XP had this issue, however I am concerned that it may have existed in Windows 7 and also Windows 8.0, however if it exists in Windows 8.0, it certainly is no where as distrubutive as it is in Windows 8.1 where it makes the use of Bluetooth devices unusable.

Options

27 Posts

12-21-2012

USA

41 Signins

328 Page Views

• Views: 328
  • Message 108 of 109

2014-10-16, 4:32 AM

wrote:

I have been instructed to install the latest WiFi LAN drivers, which I did, however the user is still experiencing issues with his ThinkPad Carbon X1's WiFi. 

"We acknowledge your request for service. However, before we can proceed please kindly download the latest wireless driver from the link below 

http://support.lenovo.com/my/ms/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-carbon-type-20a7-20a8"

Today our ThinkPad Carbon X1 user reported to me yet another "WiFi" an issue that I have met before, that is, “Bluetooth mouse works erratically when using WiFi network”. From my own testing and experience Windows 8.1 all bluetooth devices experince connectivity loss while ever there is sustained WiFi traffic, it is just that bluetooth mice are used more often than other bluetooth devices.

I am sad to report, that updating drivers does not fix the WiFi issues people like our users are experiencing.

I look forward to a time when this issue has been acknologed and then resolved.

Personally I believe the issue is with Windows 8.1 and not Lenovo or any other OEM as I have seen this issue on Acer, Microsoft Surface Pro 2, and Lenovo products when Windows 8.1 is the operating system. I do not believe that Windows XP had this issue, however I am concerned that it may have existed in Windows 7 and also Windows 8.0, however if it exists in Windows 8.0, it certainly is no where as distrubutive as it is in Windows 8.1 where it makes the use of Bluetooth devices unusable.

Did you not bother at all to read my comment?  Try the link I provided for v15.8.  I would be highly suprirsed if it doesn't fix your issues. 

Once I got a few things resolved on mine, it has been the MOST reliable machine I have had in years.  Way moreso than the T440s I moved to in January.  It's not bad, but just has some infrequent freezing, quirks with docking, and a few other minor things that push it down a peg.

Options

4 Posts

10-13-2014

Australia

3 Signins

27 Page Views

• Message 109 of 109

2014-10-16, 4:47 AM

Exekial,

Do you use a bluetooth mouse on Windows 8.1?  If so what brand and model of bluetooth mouse?

If you are using a bluetooth mouse, can you please start a large download while using WiFi network, and then see if your bluetooth mouse works perfectly smoothly as you move it around and select other opened windows and menu items. This is the test way that I test to see if the mouse behaves erractially on Windows 8.1.  Please let me know the result of this test.

Would Wireless_15.8.0_De64.exe be the driver you are speaking about ?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms