Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybergibbons
Punch Card
Views: 466
Message 1 of 4

Really disappointed in new X250

I've just received a new X250, maxed out, and I'm really unhappy.

Within a few minutes of booting it, I was seeing red and blue horizontal lines on the screen. I hoped these would be fixed by updates, but regardless of the driver, they are still there.

To add insult to injury, the ports on the left hand side of the laptop do not line up with the casing. The USB port can be used, but the Display Port is seriously rubbing. The VGA connector is unusable.

I'd hoped I'd have the laptop a week before I started a new job, and now it looks like I will be a week later. Does anyone know how I best approach Lenovo for a replacement under the Sale of Goods Act? I really don't want it to be repaired - this is a bad machine.

SeniorGuru
Views: 454
Message 2 of 4

Re: Really disappointed in new X250

Sorry to hear about the issues with your new X250. That must be very frustrating. According to Lenovo, returns should be easy providing you do it within 14 days.

I appreciate you may not receive the replacement before you start your new job. You might want to ask Lenovo if they have a similarly configured X250 in stock that they could send you instead of waiting for the replacement to come from China.

Added: Lenovo.com Return Policy *Enjoy free returns for the holiday. Purchases made between 11/5/15 and 12/..."

Punch Card
Views: 404
Message 3 of 4

Unfortunately, Lenovo have really let me down on this.

They can't swap the machine - they need to return it and send a new one out. They offered 5% discount on a new order, but the price of the same X250 is now almost 20% higher, leaving me out of pocket. To make it worse, because I need the 16GB machine, dispatch was estimated at 20 days + 5 days delivery, leaving me with no machine until year end.

Really not good.

cybergibbons
Punch Card
Views: 173
Message 4 of 4

Well this is frustrating.

I kept the laptop, as I didn't really have any other option at the time. USB works, which is all I needed at the time.

I put in a service request for the issues to be fixed, and now the port misalignment is not being covered as customer induced damage, which it isn't.

Doubly unhappy now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors