Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hszuesz
What's DOS?
Views: 1,724
Message 1 of 5

Reoccuring bluescreen Lenovo X1 Carbon

Hello,

I have a reoccurung bluescreen on my X1 Carbon. That is very...annoying...

20180607_113914[952].jpg

Does Anyone know how I can prevent this?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,703
Message 2 of 5

Re: Reoccuring bluescreen Lenovo X1 Carbon

That error with vmswitch.sys is related to Microsoft's Hyper-V, so the first thing would be to update your network drivers to the latest, and if all else fails, and in you are running Windows 10 Pro, you can disable Hyper-V via Control Panel >> Programs and Features >> Turn Windows Features On and Off  if you are not using Hyper-V, or just want to disable it until you find a solution.

Unfortunately you did not provide what exact X1 Carbon model/gen you have, so I cannot point you to the latest network adapter drivers for your system.

Good luck, 

hszuesz
What's DOS?
Views: 1,662
Message 3 of 5

Hi, Thanks for the Response.

I was afraid it would be Hyper-V. I need that for my work -.-

Here is my product nr. 20HRCTO1WW

I already installed all available updates from the Vantage app. But it is getting worse. I had to write this post three times already...

Is there any other way? Could it be a hardware defect as well?

The notebook fan is realy audibel and sometimes the book gets quiet hot.

mahn92
What's DOS?
Views: 1,318
Message 4 of 5

Hello

I have excactly the same problem on my x270,

It occurs also when the VMs are not running. It seems to happen when I use the network and cpu, mostly while I watch a video on youtube.

I removed all the bridged network and replaced by internal switch. I added a NAT lan for internet communication (Microsoft has some doc for that) but it didn't solved the problem (although the BSOD seems to be less frequent ) .

Yet I am disabling hardware acceleration on the interfaces, I don't know if it will be the solution.

westportct
What's DOS?
Views: 131
Message 5 of 5

Same issue on 2 machines.  I have 2 employees with x1 carbon 6th gen. They blue screen once or twice per week. Have all latest drivers and windows updates and bios. It's too bad, we like these machines, we also have an extreme and a 7th gen x1 which are ok.  Is there a defect on these machines?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors