Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

08-25-2017

United States of America

8 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1 of 2

Repeating Sounds: Windows Device Connect/Disconnect after latest Lenovo updates

2021-03-11, 11:06 AM

X1 Carbon 7th gen (20QDCTO1WW) - Windows 10 Pro

I recently installed the latest set of Lenovo updates and ever since, I keep hearing the Windows Connect & Disconnect sound every few minutes, even though no peripherals are attached.

I checked the Windows Device manager to see if anything had an error, and nothing has an exclamation mark next to it. When viewing the Device Manager however, it will auto-refresh each time those Windows sounds play. So it seems to think something is being connected/disconnected, but nothing is.

One other issue (maybe related) is that since the update, upon reboot I am also seeing this "Configuring Mobile Broadband Device... Firmware updated failed" message:

I've had to disable the sounds for the time being through the Sound manager because they are so annoying to hear every few minutes. But obviously that's only a temporary fix. 

Here are the updates:

Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

331 Signins

14366 Page Views

• Views: 14366
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Repeating Sounds: Windows Device Connect/Disconnect after latest Lenovo updates

2021-03-11, 11:48 AM

Hi sixside,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Try rolling the Intel Wireless Lan drivers back from the Device Manager, and see if that helps solve the issue, as I am thinking the mobile broadband error and the new LAN drivers might be connected some how. In the event it's not, then try finding the drivers manually from the Support page, then re-install them, to check if they can clean up corrupt installation. 

In the event nothing helps, then you can always try to use a System Restore Point to restore the computer back to a better working state.

System Restore Point
- Click the Windows key and type "System Recovery" and click "Recovery" in the list.  
- Select "Open System Restore" - Click "Next" and select the latest "Restore point" where the device was working.
**Note: System Restore Points will only remove Apps and Programs installed after the selected Restore Point date. It will not remove word/text files or pictures etc.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms