04-23-2018 06:28 AM
Hi, any ideas please - I replaced x230 laptop fan now several problems:
1) Replacement fan bought from ebay. Seller said x220 and x230 fans are compatable. My original had 3 wire plug and a bracket arm, the new one has 4 wire plug and a stud arm. I had to fit it stud to stud.
2) Replaced CMOS battery.
3) Power on goes to logo > 'entering set up' > time and date error and fan error message> shuts down.
4) Tried various fixes to restart, such as, charged CMOS battery for 12 hours, took out HD and battery, completed eletrical discharge, removed CMOS battery for 1 minute and started again without HD and battery, reseated the RAM card, used all combinations of F keys. They look hopeful but all return to error messages.
5) Only delete or Ctl+S opens > Intel Boot Agent Set up Menu >F4 >back to error messages, shuts down
6) This screen provides diagnostic support information but I don't know what it means.
7) Should I use the CMOS pin jumper?
Hope someone will reply.