Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Royal1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 493
Message 1 of 3

Replacement X1 Yoga 3rd gen has yellow tint on screen

I recently purchased an X1Y3. It had an issue with the touch screen often registering that it was touched in a specific spot when the laptop was moved or screen tilt changed even though the screen wasn't actually touched. These forums suggested it was a hardware problem.

I ordered a replacement instead of repair because the notebook is so new. I haven't tested the replacement much yet but one thing I've already noticed is the screen is signifanctly yellower than the "older" one when both are side by side. It may be that the "older" one is too blue, so I'd need a way to test both out somehow. But I'm almost certain it's that the "newer" one is yellowish rather than the other being too blue.

Any fixes? Windows Night Light is off in both. Both are set to the same color temperature and profile in Lenovo Vantage.

Royal1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 399
Message 2 of 3

Re: Replacement X1 Yoga 3rd gen has yellow tint on screen

TL;DR: Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd gen Screen is yellow tinted with Vantage is set to coldest and Windows night light disabled. Any ideas?

X1MK
Token Ring
Views: 373
Message 3 of 3

Re: Replacement X1 Yoga 3rd gen has yellow tint on screen

In your case I would calibrate it with Spyder e.g.

You could also try a different color profile. You can find the ICC File (for HDR-Display) here:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Yoga-2018-i7-8550U-HDR-WQHD-Convertible-Review.2899...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors