cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jag989
Punch Card
Views: 9,037
Message 1 of 22

Replacement feet for X1 Carbon 2nd gen (20A7)

Several of our 2nd gen/20A7 carbons have lost their circular rubber feet on the bottom.

All the units are less than a year old but Lenovo has told me that this wouldn't be covered under the warranty. Not a big deal, but I'm having an impossible time finding the feet to buy on my own. They aren't listed on any of Lenovo's part lists for the X1 and I've only seen feet for the X220/230 units on 3rd party sites.

I'm hoping someone on the boards here is familiar with the part.

Thanks

jag989
Punch Card
Views: 8,992
Message 2 of 22

Re: Replacement feet for X1 Carbon 2nd gen (20A7)

Lenovo did end up shipping me replacement feet under warranty, which was a very nice surprise.

If anyone has a similar issue and runs across this thread, the part number for the replacement rubber feet kit is HT096As of writing this I wasn't able to find any references to that number other than on the paperwork with the shipment, but it may just be a new PN.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 8,945
Message 3 of 22

Re: Replacement feet for X1 Carbon 2nd gen (20A7)

Thanks for posting of your good outcome!

Cheers.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

machistmo
SCSI Port
Views: 8,387
Message 4 of 22

Re: Replacement feet for X1 Carbon 2nd gen (20A7) A LOT OF EFFORT for little rubber feet

I called Lenovo on Monday and got a nice guy on the line who kept me on hold for about 15 minutes, coming back several times to tell me it would be just another minute or two. To my surprise two boxes arrived from Lenovo yesterday.  Neither of which had any feet. They contained some ribbon data cables and other screws.  When I called back yesterday the first girl I spoke to explained curtly that feet were not 'required equipment' and the tech I spoke to originally did the 'best he could' and just 'guessed that the part kits he selected would contain the proper part' .

So when she put me on hold I hung up and called back. This time I reached a nice lady that explained the the feet are terribly hard to track down in the system and the tech was probably just unable to find the part.

So far I have not received any shipping notice or anything as I provided the last tech another serial number for asecond machine to have two parts shipped and so far I have nothing.  Little rubber feet are turning out to be a lot of effort.

For the record, I am typing this on a Carbon and 5 times during this short post the cursor suddenly appeared somewhere above and started inserting text there.

jag989
Punch Card
Views: 8,378
Message 5 of 22

Re: Replacement feet for X1 Carbon 2nd gen (20A7) A LOT OF EFFORT for little rubber feet

Did you try specifically asking for part number HT096? That should be the kit with replacement feet for the X1.

For the cursor issue, try upping the sensitivity on palm check under mouse/UltraNav options from the control panel.
Guru
Views: 8,361
Message 6 of 22

Part number is 00HT096 and not HT096!!!

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

jag989
Punch Card
Views: 8,357
Message 7 of 22

Ah, good to know. The slip that came with mine just had HT096.

machistmo
SCSI Port
Views: 8,337
Message 8 of 22

Indeed it is 00HT096

Package is labeled:

6K.4LYCS.007

FRU: 00HT0096

Made in China

WSKS 14/08/20

Overnight from yesterday, so not bad. Even after 3 phone calls and all that - I did finally obtain the part!

Ps. Thanks to everyone posting with the Part number.  At least now if a tech decides that their internal part search is not working for them, they will find this post via google and get the part number that way.

seanwong
What's DOS?
Views: 8,140
Message 9 of 22

I have the same problem for a user in my company and the call centre said this is not under warranty. I got a quotation for the rubber feet with part number 00HT112 (Rubber Foor Kit for D Cover) for $65. Clearly with all the complaints I see here it only means that this is a common issue and it should be considered a manufacturing defect. We should push Lenovo to admit this and rectify this problem. Otherwise, this product could be categorized as a lemon and there are laws in Singapore that protects us from this.
jag989
Punch Card
Views: 8,134
Message 10 of 22

@seanwong wrote:
Clearly with all the complaints I see here it only means that this is a common issue and it should be considered a manufacturing defect.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. With most likely tens of thousands of X1 units sold, an individual thread with a handful of people reporting a particular issue hardly warrants crying manufacturer defect.

I actually started this thread so I do sympathize with your issue, but if you want to actually resolve your issue, work with Lenovo staff or or just purchase the rubber feet kit. Vague and baseless legal threats only waste everyone's times and nobody is going to take them seriously.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors