Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lucas_schuster
Paper Tape
Views: 870
Message 1 of 3

Replacement for missing built-in battery X260

Hello!

I've recently bought a X260 without the internal battery. Now I'd like to add a 3-cell internal battery for longer unplugged time. What part numbers can I use on the X260? I've found a local shop selling a 45N1108 part that they say is designed for the T440 and for the X240. Would it be possible to use that battery on my X260?

Thanks

Guru
Views: 845
Message 2 of 3

Re: Replacement for missing built-in battery X260

Take a look at the below link.  Looks like 45N1109 is right part number at least an option.  After clicking on link choose rechargeable batteries (internal) on the left side.  Looks like there are 5 compatible batteries.  Please confirm before buying.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

lucas_schuster
Paper Tape
Views: 830
Message 3 of 3

Re: Replacement for missing built-in battery X260

Thanks! That was really helpful. Now, I'd like to ask another thing, if I may.. I saw on that site that the internal battery is a part that must be replaced by an authorized lenovo service.

Will it void my warranty if I install an internal battery myself on a x260 that came without one?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors