cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrorange11
Paper Tape
Views: 1,371
Message 1 of 6

Replacement keyboard for X1 Yoga 2nd gen?

Hello. Does anyone know which model keyboard I need to order?  I would like to replace the French/English Canadian keyboard with a standard US one. Unit is a second generation X1 Yoga. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,359
Message 2 of 6

Re: Replacement keyboard for X1 Yoga 2nd gen?

You won't like my answer.  If you completely disassemble the entire machine, the last piece you get to is the keyboard.  You need to remove the lid and screen, but you don't have to take that apart.  Everything else comes off

I think there are 4 U.S. English keyboards:  01LV008, 01LV048, 01LV088, 01LV128  (different manufacturers)

You can check in the parts list:

https://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/x1_yoga_2nd_gen_frubom_20170524.pdf

Service manual:

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/x1_yoga_hmm_en_sp40k88722_02.pdf

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
mrorange11
Paper Tape
Views: 1,309
Message 3 of 6

Hey.  Thanks for the reply.  Do you know if any or all of the replacement keyboard models are compatible?  I'm not concerned about the difficulty dismantling and re-assembly.  But I would like to be sure I order the right keyboard.  I messaged Lenovo on Facebook.  The fellow who replied simply said that a different keyboard may not function properly, or may not fit the hardware.  ...but he didn't seem to be sure of anything.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,299
Message 4 of 6

All of the FRUs listed for that model will fit the same as each other and work the same.  They are different manufacturers of the same part.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Striker317
Token Ring
Views: 1,288
Message 5 of 6

@mrorange11 wrote:

Hey.  Thanks for the reply.  Do you know if any or all of the replacement keyboard models are compatible?  I'm not concerned about the difficulty dismantling and re-assembly.  But I would like to be sure I order the right keyboard.  I messaged Lenovo on Facebook.  The fellow who replied simply said that a different keyboard may not function properly, or may not fit the hardware.  ...but he didn't seem to be sure of anything.

Remember that not only do you need a new keyboard but a new bezel piece too.  The shape of the keys are different between the US English and the Canadian bilingual layout.

mrorange11
Paper Tape
Views: 1,286
Message 6 of 6

Thanks.  I was just searching for the part numbver for hte palm rest actually. Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors