Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

07-01-2019

Brazil

12 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1 of 4

Replacement keyboard x1 Carbon 6th Gen

2021-06-09, 20:02 PM

Following a very good joke my keyboard was covered with diet coke and no longer works and needs replacing. I am in Brazil where I have been informed the part is not available. I don't trust the American or Brazilian postal services and customs to deliver a replacement in one piece without gouging me and taking several months. Normally I can arrange for stuff like this to be brought in by friends but with Covid that is very difficult.

The part is this https://www.laptopkeyboard.com/keyboards/lenovo/thinkpad-x1/x1-carbon-6th-gen-backlit/   I cannot get anything useful from the Lenovo sites.

A Dutch friend has just told me he is coming to Brazil in July and can bring me a keyboard.  All I need to do is buy it and have it shipped to him. Can anyone give me the the url of a reliable Dutch supplier? Alternatively any good supplier in the EC.  I am British and my contacts are mostly there but after Brexit it is not worth trying to send a replacement to Holland.

Options

2074 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

142 Signins

10535 Page Views

• Views: 10535
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Replacement keyboard x1 Carbon 6th Gen

2021-06-09, 23:31 PM

Hello zbzb,

Greetings

I suggest that you contact Lenovo or you may try the Lenovo-Encompass and ask if they have an authorized dealer in Holland.
Hope this helps

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

6 Posts

07-01-2019

Brazil

12 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-06-10, 11:55 AM

I tried both. Lenovo Brazil did not reply and the Encompass T&C say:

Shipping outside the U.S. can be cost prohibitive due to carrier costs, duties and customs fees. Because these costs combined often exceed part prices – and Encompass is unable to estimate duties and customs fees prior to processing an order transaction – we have made the decision to no longer ship orders outside the U.S. Exceptions may exist for select business partners per contractual agreement"

That is a very sensible decision as personal imports are a bureaucratic nightmare here.
Options

2074 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

142 Signins

10535 Page Views

• Views: 10535
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-06-10, 13:38 PM

I'm sorry to hear that.
Other options that we could suggest is thru 3rd party computer shops or online reseller.
Just be cautious and make sure you are dealing with a trusted seller.
Hope this helps
Stay safe

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms