cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abrus861
Blue Screen Again
Views: 334
Message 1 of 4

Replacement micro-SIM card reader and tray to nano-SIM on X1 Carbon 5th gen 20HR

Hello!

I want to replace micro-SIM card reader and tray to nano-SIM on X1 Carbon 5th gen 20HR because the micro-SIM to nano-SIM adapter breaks the SIM card reader (already the second time broke)!

1? Please tell me how to do it ?

2? Is it possible to install nano-SIM card reader and tray from X1 Carbon 6th gen 20KH to X1 Carbon 5th gen 20HR ?

3? What part number does nano-SIM card reader from X1 Carbon 6th gen 20KH have ?

I found part number of the nano-SIM tray from X1 Carbon 6th gen 20KH only (here https://lenovo.encompass.com/item/11589536/Lenovo/01YR423/ )

4? Where buy nano-SIM card reader and tray from X1 Carbon 6th gen 20KH ?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 309
Message 2 of 4

Re: Replacement micro-SIM card reader and tray to nano-SIM on X1 Carbon 5th gen 20HR

Hi abrus861, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

Your options for parts ordering in Europe are here:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht100750

This is not a guarantee that your experiment will work, however! Why not use a micro-SIM to nano-SIM adapter? They're dirt cheap.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
abrus861
Blue Screen Again
Views: 307
Message 3 of 4

Re: Replacement micro-SIM card reader and tray to nano-SIM on X1 Carbon 5th gen 20HR

The micro-SIM to nano-SIM adapter breaks the SIM card reader (already the second time broke)!

jaymemaurice
Blue Screen Again
Views: 80
Message 4 of 4

Hey did you have any success simply changing the SIM tray? 

I too have the same issue. I'd like to be able to throw the nanno SIM from my phone into the laptop without the perils of the adapter. 

What did you try? Find any FRU number which was compatible?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors