Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abir
Fanfold Paper
Views: 858
Message 1 of 4

Ricoh card reader--working or not?

After not having found the Ricoh Media card reader in Device Manager I downloaded and installed driver using a link I found in this forum. Tried this a couple times until I actually found "Ricoh PCIe SDXC/MMC Host Controller" under "Storage Controller" in Device Manager. However, there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point. I double-click on the item and see that Device Status is "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device....(Code 52)" I go into the tabs and find that Driver Provider is Ricoh Company, driver date is 7/4/2012, Driver Version is 6.20.11.42 and it is "Not digitally signed." I go into Resource Settings and find "This device is not using any resources because it has a problem." So is the card reader working (or ready to work) or not? BTW ThinkVantage Update never, in my recollection noted that I needed this driver when it was not visible in Device Manager. Also, if I go into C:\ drivers\Win\Multicard I find a folder "Driver" that has various files, incl. risdxc64.sys (I have Win 7 Pro 64-bit). So am I good to go re using the card reader--or not?
jmgonzalez
Fanfold Paper
Views: 825
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ricoh card reader--working or not?

I have had the same problem as you. I have found to install I had to edit the configuration file to add Hardware ID 822 since the software looks for 822. Have you figured it out? I installed the driver but the card reader does work when i insert SD card. Also USB devices not working. Iam trying to image using sysprep and windwos 7, was wondering if you are in same boat?

Highlighted
Abir
Fanfold Paper
Views: 805
Message 3 of 4

What is Hardware ID 822 and what is the configuration file? The driver I have is labelled from Ricoh--but it is seen as "unsigned." Does this mean it is not installed? At least, it is not using any system resources, so it does not seem to be installed.
jmgonzalez
Fanfold Paper
Views: 788
Message 4 of 4

For the x230 (2325) the card reader driver file g1ss01ww.exe is our source. Inside this package the risdxc.inf file lists the hardware you will see 822 in there and an 823. The device for the card reader is showing up as an unknown device listed as BAse System Device. Wehn we look at it properties and under Hardware ID we see 822 DEV_E822. We are sdeploying these with Windows 7 using dpsint in the unattend.xml and this is the only driver not installing. And after image comes up we try to install silently , manualy, and nothing still does not install. Looking for help in this

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors