Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please noteour guidelines.How to register and login andCommunity FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

visit the blogCheck out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Serial Port
0 Kudos

RnR takes ages to complete on X300

Hello everybody,

I have an X300 with the whole set of TVT tools installed. The backup of my system with the RNR 4.21.0016 takes many hours to complete, no matter if I use DVD or USB HD as target. Also the restore of individual files takes very long (73 MB more then 1 hour!!!). I used RNR also on other Thinkpads and never had this issue before. Any ideas somebody?

Ronald

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Re: RnR takes ages to complete on X300

[ Edited ]

Same here, this software is a disaster, I've stopped using it: I was usually stopping it after 15-20 hours (I have the 60Go SSD) and it wasn't finished backing up (...)

Lenovo really need to fix this.

Message Edited by slaboure on 11-20-2008 12:52 AM
Message Edited by slaboure on 11-20-2008 12:59 AM
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

yea it even hangs in vista when trying to delete old backups on my external USB + internal hdd
Serial Port
0 Kudos

I created the backup DVD set first thing, but it was such a time consuming process with no feedback, I was concerned that the disks were useless.   I went ahead and bought the $45 set just in case.  Then I backed up to an external HD, but that was not very satisfying either.  With my previous Sony, it was so easy to get a restore point using Windows XP - but with my wonderful Lenovo Rescue and Recovery, Windows restore points do not work. 

I wish someone would give us a detailed description of how to format the solid state disk, install the OS from scratch, and find a bunch of third-party drivers to replace all the sh___ that Lenovo calls software.  Especially the useless Ultranav touchpad driver.

WFaz