Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

06-10-2015

Germany

28 Signins

217 Page Views

• Views: 217
  • Message 1 of 2

[SOLVED] X1 Carbon (Type 20BS, 20BT) 20BTS0W70E​: Intel 3.0 USB can't be installed

2015-06-10, 13:04 PM

UPDATE June 11th 2015

The issuw was solved through install different drivers via "Lenovo - Update and Drivers", especially installing the Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro. Maybe it has not been a problem with the USB3 driver, but the fingerprint reader.

Regards,

J_Peter_S

---

Dear all,

Lenovo Solution Center - as well as Device Manager in Win 8.1 64 Enterprise - has detected an issue regarding "Other Device" > "Unknown Device" - BIOS Device Name is: \_SB.PCIo.XHCI.URTH.HSP5.

According to several blogs this seems to indicate a missing driver for USB 3.0. Thus, I downloaded the approprate Intel USB 3.0 driver from the Lenovo support web page: "http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-a​nd-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-​...

But it is not possible to install this driver: The error message occurs: "This computer doesn not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". I can provide you with the log file on request.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance, and kind regards.

J. P. S.

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (Type 20BS, 20BT) 20BTS0W70E
Answer
Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Views: 57257

Re: [SOLVED] X1 Carbon (Type 20BS, 20BT) 20BTS0W70E​: Intel 3.0 USB can't be installed

2015-06-18, 12:01 PM

Hi J_Peter_S,

I am glad to hear that your that your issue with USB 3.0 has been resolved after updating it from “Lenovo - Update & Drivers. Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Cheers! :smileyhappy:

Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Views: 57257
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: [SOLVED] X1 Carbon (Type 20BS, 20BT) 20BTS0W70E​: Intel 3.0 USB can't be installed

2015-06-18, 12:01 PM

Hi J_Peter_S,

I am glad to hear that your that your issue with USB 3.0 has been resolved after updating it from “Lenovo - Update & Drivers. Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Cheers! :smileyhappy:

Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms