Paper Tape
Views: 1,243
Message 1 of 3

Samsung SSD 850 250GB not recognized by Lenovo X201 Samsung Magician Program

Hi,

I bough a 250 GB Samsung SSD EVO 850.

I got a Lenovo X201 computer.

My SSD is not recognized by the MAGICIAN Samsung program

so i cannot clone my HDD to my Samsung SSD.

Please HELP me !!!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,229
Message 2 of 3

Re: Samsung SSD 850 250GB not recognized by Lenovo X201 Samsung Magician Program

Hi, nocoin, and welcome

Is the SSD installed into the main bay of laptop or external USB box?

Samsung Magician application is a tool not for cloning operation. Use Samsung Data Migration Software intead. It's a simple, free of charge, reduction of the Acronis True Image Home application.

Then, after installing SSD into the laptop, use Magician app for disk management.

Also, you might use another software for the cloning:
Clonezilla, Macrium. As well Acronis ATIH full version (I'm not sure whether trial version supports entire drive cloning).

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

naltar
Paper Tape
Views: 1,207
Message 3 of 3

Re: Samsung SSD 850 250GB not recognized by Lenovo X201 Samsung Magician Program

I'm not sure if I have the right solution, but I'm PRETTY sure I came across the same problem when I installed my samsung ssd a couple of months ago. Thing is, they don't make it clear for people new to cloning, when you install samsung software, which soft does what. Yes, you have icon, but the instinct tells me to install "Samsung Magician" to clone old hdd, as this is what people recommend as "easy to use" when they buy samsung ssd. However, there are TWO apps and - afair - the magician is NOT the one that you can clone your old drive with. It's the other program (I forgot the name) which comes up as an option in that install exe file, which you need to run / install. Probably something called "clone".
no, it's called "Samsung Data Migration". So, uninstall the magician, install the data migration, migrate to new ssd, delete (if you want), install the Magician, run and use it to optimize and maintain samsung ssd.

rgds,
marek

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors