Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-17-2016

Canada

5 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 1 of 3

Screen crashes while sharing screen on Skype / Lenovo x1 Yoga gen4

2020-01-04, 0:37 AM

I just bought this computer few days ago and my screen gets crazy when I use Skype. Sometimes screen flashes and when I started share screen it completely turns colorful screen that I can't see nothing while other person who I shared see everything normal. Is it a hardware problem or what it could be please help me.

Part no: 20QF0016US

Moderator note: moved thread, added "yoga" to subject line for clarity.

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

United States of America

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Screen crashes while sharing screen on Skype / Lenovo x1 gen4

2020-01-04, 10:47 AM

Hi !

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.

Kindly run system updates using Lenovo Vantage App to make sure all drivers is updated. Did the issue occurs only when you're sharing your screen using Skype? You may follow these troubleshooting steps from our support website and observe if you'll see any changes. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

11-17-2016

Canada

5 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Screen crashes while sharing screen on Skype / Lenovo x1 gen4

2020-01-22, 2:31 AM

This problem happens when I use recommended 3840 x 2160 resolution. When I switched to 1920 x 1080 no flickering or crashing happens. My drivers are totally updated. I noticed whenever I face this problem performance GPU reaches 100%. After I contacted to the Lenovo they send me new device. Interesting thing is that the same problem I face, whenever I want to open/close Netflix movie screen flickers and performance GPU reaches 100%. Not only the netflix but task manager flickers as well. I ordered this computer because its display is UHD. But if I can't use it there is no meaning. I am very disappointed.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms