Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shade613
Paper Tape
Views: 1,076
Message 1 of 5

Screen flicker on x280 when plugging and unplugging from power

Hello I just purchased my lenovo x280 and have noticed whenever I plug or unplug the power the display flickers and goes black for less than a second then resumes like normal, this happens every time I plug or unplug the device. I saw similar posts about this being because it changes the refresh rate on a different laptop but I haven't been able to find the setting to turn it off

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,052
Message 2 of 5

Re: Screen flicker on x280 when plugging and unplugging from power

Hello and welcome,

Right click on the desktop background.  Select Intel Graphics Settings.  Select Power.  Disable Display Refresh Rate Switching.

I didn't know where to find it either until just now.  Thanks for getting me looking.  I'm going to leave it as is on my X280 to maintain whatever battery run-time the 48Hz setting saves.

Z.

Intel UHD Graphics Control Panel.png

Intel UHD Graphics Control Panel Power.png

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

shade613
Paper Tape
Views: 1,048
Message 3 of 5

Hello, when i right click my wallpaper I only see thisScreenshot (63).png

GomJabbar
Punch Card
Views: 1,026
Message 4 of 5

On my X280, I see what zoltanthegypsy posts above. Also my wallpaper is the same as zoltanthegypsy's (although that in itself shouldn't make a difference).

By chance did you install Windows Feature Update 1809? (Note: I have not) I read a couple of months ago that Feature Update 1809 was incompatible with the Intel Drivers. Check Windows Update History to see if that feature update has been installed.

shade613
Paper Tape
Views: 997
Message 5 of 5

I just updated to version 1803 for windows 10 and the option for intel graphics settings appeared, would suggest anybody with this problem to check for updates and do them.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors