Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristofior
Fanfold Paper
Views: 701
Message 1 of 5

Screen scratches by dust on X1 Yoga Gen3

Hi,

Have anyone experience small scratches on the screen (like small impacts, not long scratch) due to dust on the keyboard when you close the laptop ? 

I have the X1 since less that 1 month and already have some small scratches.

I see them when screen is black and outside lightning is facing it.
They are not removable with microfiber cleaning.

Seems because when laptop closed, screen is almost touching the keyboard...(i have the trackpoint dots marks on the screen...).

How do you deal with this ?

Which screen protector do you use ?

Regards,

Kristo.

EssenceBlue
SCSI Port
Views: 578
Message 2 of 5

Re: Screen scratches by dust on X1 Yoga Gen3

I use a matt screen protector that has many advantages (touch and feel) but also some drawbacks (visual quality). 
Because there is no satisfying out-of-the-box solution I made this. 
IMG_20180602_105235.jpg

IMG_20180602_105159.jpg

Highlighted
peteri
Fanfold Paper
Views: 496
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

I'm wondering, so even the keyboard is lowered when you close the lid, it "somehow" touches your screen ?

Is'n it due to some presure on the closed lid when for example you are carying X1 around ?

I'm already buyng matte screen protector, becuase, I'm afraid of screen scratches from my pen. As it is not very smooth, compared to my pen form Miix 720, which is much more, almost perfect smooth. The pen tip from X1 Yoga 3 is really not smooth.

EssenceBlue
SCSI Port
Views: 481
Message 4 of 5

It's not the keyboard, but the trackpad buttons and trackpoint. Since the trackpad buttons are not lowered they look out and engrave their signature into the screen. So we can me happy it's only two buttons and not they whole keyboard.

Stephane70
Fanfold Paper
Views: 401
Message 5 of 5

I have the exact same problem after about 1year of usage all keys but principally trackpad button left tiny scratches on the panel. It is more apparent with the trackpad buttons scratches, right in the middle of the screen, it gets very annoying when there are light reflections

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors