US

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 5

Seam on lid separating on X1 Carbon 6th Gen -warranty denied

2019-12-12, 17:38 PM

Hello,

I've had my X1 carbon 6th gen for a few months now. Last week I was dismayed to find a seam coming apart on the lid, near the hinge. It looks to be like some sort of manufacturing problem. This is similar to the problem illustrated in this youtube video (except my issue is more obviously a seam), which claims that it was repaired under warranty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP89PWDAERk.

I sent photos to support prior to sending it in, and was told it would fall under warranty, however now Lenovo is denying that it falls under warranty and charging several hundred dollars for a repair. Additionally although I have an extended on-site warranty I was required to send it in for repair (not sure why I am paying for on-site repair then). I have requested to escalate the case, and am told that it will take up to 72 business hours (9 business days!) to receive a response. Not helpful for my small business! Is there any advice to how this might resolved quicker?

Please see pictures:

Due to the regular nature of this break it is readily evident that this is some sort of machined seam coming apart. There is a small superficial chip in the photo as well, but this occured several months previously with no issue. The crack does not begin at the chip.

Solved! See the solution
Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Seam on lid separating on X1 Carbon 6th Gen -warranty denied

2019-12-13, 14:25 PM

Hi !

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.

Did you notice any unusual warmth from that side of the machine where the paint was molted? The pattern appears on the cover of the screen seems like a part of the mechanism inside and melts because of heat.

You may add this information when you contacted by the escalation team, should you want further updates regarding your case I can review the escalation case for you by sending me a private message with the serial number of the machine.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

12-12-2019

US

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2019-12-13, 21:39 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for the response. I have noticed it is unusually warm there along the seam. I was contacted by escalation team today and have mentioned that.

Additionally I will send you a private message with the requested information, if there is anything you can do I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-12-17, 17:34 PM

wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for the response. I have noticed it is unusually warm there along the seam. I was contacted by escalation team today and have mentioned that.

Additionally I will send you a private message with the requested information, if there is anything you can do I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again

I received your private message, we're currently reviewing your case using the serial number that you've provided and hoping that we get further updates about your escalation case, so i can forward it to you via private message. Hence, we suggest that you communicate with the escalation team as they're the best team for now that can definitely help regarding this problem. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

12-12-2019

US

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2019-12-17, 19:02 PM

Hello,

It seems like there will be a satisfactory ending. I was contacted by the escalation team, and they are going to fix the problem under warranty.

Thanks for the help!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save