Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yylmz1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,681
Message 1 of 4

Select Color Settings Not Working on X1 YOGA OLED

I have brandnew X1 YOGA OLED. Got 1month ago. After a recent auto update, select color settings function (when on desktop, right mouse click and you can choose native, standarard, movie pro, etc.) stopped working. I cannot use it from companion either.

Any idea why this is happening? I noticed a new intel graphics driver is installed, could that be the reason? Version is 21.20.16.4590

tearlm
What's DOS?
Views: 1,590
Message 2 of 4

Re: Select Color Settings Not Working on X1 YOGA OLED

I'm having the same issue, hopefully someone here can help.

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,557
Message 3 of 4

Dear All,

This is current restriction of Lenovo Settings that “Select Color Settings” cannot work properly when user updates Intel HD Graphics.

In order to recover the “Select Color Settings” feature, we'd like customer to do the following steps;

1. Go to “Program and Features” by selecting from Start Menu by right mouse click
  2. Select “Lenovo System Interface Foundation” and uninstall once
  3. Restart the system
  4. Select Start menu and click “Lenovo Settings” to launch
  5. You will be prompted to install “Lenovo System Interface Driver”, press OK to go forward
  6. Microsoft Edge (or default Web Browser) will be launched and prompt “Please install your update now.”
  7. Follow the instruction to download and install the “Lenovo System Interface Foundation”.
  8. Wait for several minutes to complete installation. When completed, restart the system
  9. Select Start menu and click “Lenovo Settings” to launch
  10. When you will be prompted to install some features including “ChromaTune”, press "Install" to go forward
  11. When completed, restart the system.
  12. You will find the “Select Color Settings” feature recovered

Pasifist
What's DOS?
Views: 1,118
Message 4 of 4

The select display mode option has stopped working two times in the last month or so. The abovementioned solution has fixed it both times. However, it is a somewhat frustrating process to go through. Should I expect to do this regularly?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors