Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simbo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,638
Message 1 of 3

Setting up Gobi on X201t

Hi,

I have just purchased a refurbished X201t that has a Gobi 2000 WWAN installed. How do I set this up?  I assume that I need to install a SIM card but I can't find any information on how to do so.

Thanks 

Simon.

Guru
Views: 1,616
Message 2 of 3

Re: Setting up Gobi on X201t

If your X201 is WWAN ready there should be a slot for the SIM card behind the battery. Also there should be a slot for the WWAN adapter which i believe should be under the keyboad, but not 100% for sure for the X201. If the computer is WWAN ready there should be two wires for the antenna by the slot for the adapter. Then you need to download and install the driver and that's basically it. The Thinkpads usually got a whitelist in BIOS for these kind of cards so if you buy a Gobi 2000 WWAN card from Lenovo should work fine, but buy it somewhere else might give you a error that says "Unauthorized hardware" during post. I'm not sure if this is the case here, but if you install the card i guess you will find outSmiley Happy

If you have some problems with these steps please explain what part where you have some questions like finding the SIM slot, installing the card, installing the drivers and so on.

-gan

simbo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,589
Message 3 of 3

Re: Setting up Gobi on X201t

Thanks for the reply.  I have now found the SIM reader under the battery.  To get it to work here in Austarlia with Optus, I had to use the Lenovo Access Connections application with a custom location profile.  I had to craete a profile with a APN of 'internet' with no other settings (blank).  Works great!

Thanks,

Simon.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors