Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-06-2020

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 21 of 25

Re:Severe bug w/ X1E Gen1 webcam driver update. Rollback fixes it but Lenovo Vantage keeps updating it.

2020-12-13, 14:36 PM

Here's the latest info I've collected.  The good news is you can recover from problem if you can plug in to power.

The Lenovo support pages seemed to direct driver problems to MS's Feedback hub app so I opened an issue there.  Will share feedback once I have something.

Steps to recreate delayed video on X1 Yoga 3rd edition.
 SMBIOS 3.0, Embedded Controller 1.2

Integrated camera info from device manager (windows 10.0.19042 ):
 driver: 
  Realtek, 9/4/2020, 10.0.19041.20159
 hardware ids:
  USB\VID_04F2&PID_B61E&REV_0425&MI_00
  USB\VID_04F2&PID_B61E&MI_00

Steps to recreate problem behavior

1. unplug laptop from power
  2. open an application that uses camera.  [1]
  3. Within a minute the video will lag.  This is easily seen by moving in front of the camera. The on-screen video will show your movement many seconds later.

The camera lag can be resolved with these steps:

1. Plug in laptop to power supply
  2. Stop/start sharing camera in video meeting. 

The camera will now behave as expected and there will be no excessive video lag.

[1] I've tested the following apps:

• Windows built-in camera app.  Start a video recording.  Video will be lagging within 5 minutes.
  • Google meet, Zoom, Webex - Start or join a meeting. Video will be lagging audio within a couple minutes.  
    • Tested both MS Edge and Google Chrome browsers with same result.
Options

5 Posts

12-08-2020

Singapore

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 22 of 25

Re:Severe bug w/ X1E Gen1 webcam driver update. Rollback fixes it but Lenovo Vantage keeps updating it.

2021-02-08, 14:38 PM

this bug still exists guys.

Options

9 Posts

05-10-2014

Argentina

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 23 of 25

2021-02-08, 14:40 PM

Yes, this bug still incredibly exists forcing me to roll back the driver every single time. I'm switching brands on my next purchase.

Options

9 Posts

05-10-2014

Argentina

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 24 of 25

2021-02-08, 14:46 PM

THIS IS A CRITICAL SECURITY UPDATE THAT RENDERS THE CAMERA UNUSABLE. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. SOMEONE NEES TO ESCALATE THIS UP THE CHAIN ASAP!!!

Options

1 Posts

02-22-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 25 of 25

2021-02-22, 15:05 PM

This has for sure been a horrible issue with a very expensive device.  We're an organization with a handful of these devices (about 6) and we figured that since this problem driver is from 9/4/2020 that an update would surely come quickly.  It's now been five months of issues with no updates released.  Even with plugging in the device and starting/stopping the camera, the lag always comes back here.

We've rolled back drivers which works temporarily, but somehow the driver always updates back.  We've turned off all automatic updates within Windows and via Lenovo System Update, but somehow it always ends up back at 9/4/2020.  We've also uninstalled every driver from the system and then put the older ones on, but now the older driver we had causes the image to be upside down, black and white, with lines through the entire image.

Lenovo, in a time when video conference calls are crucial, you've got to be able to fix or procure a fix from Realtek on this integrated camera.  It is pretty absurd that a $2k machine is having this issue for this long.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms