Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pepsinio
Punch Card
Views: 913
Message 1 of 2

Shall i return my X1 Yoga Gen 3?

Dear Lenovo support,

after reading and participating in multiple threads with most of the issues which i have faced, I would like a simple answer whether the below problems will be fixed. It will clear my doubt whether i should keep this machine or not. I think it will be the best for both sides, if we are on clear terms Smiley Happy

- Backlight flickering (I understood it will be part of next BIOS (thanks @someotherguy!). Whas it the ETA for it?)

- Horrible coil whine from laptop

- Coil whine from dock

- Color profiles to work consistently

- HDR display (not too picky about this one)

Prompt and honest reply would be highly appreciated and no hard feelings here, just want a machine which works. (Still better than the latest MacBook issues, but that's not a good benchmark anyways Smiley Tongue )

Thanks!

jackzh2011
Token Ring
Views: 853
Message 2 of 2

Re: Shall i return my X1 Yoga Gen 3?

I have gone through two X1Y3, the latter one as the replacement of the first one. They share the exact problems plus the mouse / trackpad issue described here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Y1-Yoga-3rd-gen-issues-with-trackpoint-drift-.... I don't remember ThinkPad being this problematic years ago, esp., in IBM days. I really hope Lenovo could provide some answers and solutions soon!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors