Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zittrain
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,346
Message 1 of 2

Sierra Wireless AT&T WWAN issue

Hi - I've got a Lenovo Thinkpad X300 with an OEM Sierra Wireles MC8775 HSDPA card, driver 2.0.9.0, 1/11/2007. It has worked fine except in two instances: first when traveling from the US to Switzerland, upon arrival it "failed to initialize" the device as I tried to run the dialer. This was true despite cold restarts. About a day later it started working, and working consistently, in Switzerland. Upon return to the US exactly the same phenomenon: unable to initialize for about a day. Then, working fine.Lenovo is ready to replace the card, but does anyone know if this is a software or other glitch for which I shouldn't trouble them? Something having to do with switching countries?  (And do I appear to be running the latest firmware/drivers? Firmware is H1_1_9_3MCAP.)

Thanks,JZ

zittrain
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,145
Message 2 of 2

Re: Sierra Wireless AT&T WWAN issue

To follow up for any that come later: the card was replaced, but experienced the same phenomenon in going to the Netherlands and back again to the US.  This time I downloaded and ran the "Sierra Wireless Watcher."  After the wireless radio was turned on it sat at "searching..." for about five minutes, then found the new band.  Once found it sticks, so the regular Lenovo dialer can then be used.  So it's not a hardware problem, and there's a solution.  ...JZ

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors