Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff72
Paper Tape
Views: 532
Message 1 of 8

Sierra Wireless EM7345 software request

When i located 4G area in SYDNEY, i am able to switch on Wireless WAN Radio, anyhow it doesn't work at all. But when i located 3G area, i can not switch on Wireless WAN Radio, also i can not use internet service.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 526
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sierra Wireless EM7345 software request

Hi

What operators are you connecting to? Telstra?
What's the OS version on the laptop?

Modem behavior above might relate to the error you've described in another thread.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

jeff72
Paper Tape
Views: 510
Message 3 of 8

thanks guru.

I am using Windows7 pro 64bit and TELSTRA is one of mobile company name. I've changed sim card yesterday, but it doesn't work till now. I think that it is not sim card issue.(also I am using lenovo access connections)

I can not switch on wireless WAN Radio when i click F8.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 502
Message 4 of 8

1. is there em7345 device in the network adapter category in the Device Manager?
2. what's happening when you press F8 (Fn+F8) to turn on the wireless radio devices?
3. do you see Telstra (or any other) mobile broadband network in the VAN UI (icon with white bars in the system tray)?
4. Access Connections doesn't have Telstra profile settings for the internet connection, so you have to create the new one or use system connection manager. In order to do it more clearly, please, contact Telstra support to make sure whether APN setting for the broadband internet access on your tariff is telstra.iph.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Highlighted
jeff72
Paper Tape
Views: 494
Message 5 of 8

thanks guru again.

1. Yes. I am able to see EM7345 device on the control panel as well.

2. Not thing changed, so that's why i've clicked wireless and bluetooth icon, it changes as well. Only wireless WAN Radion doesn't work at all.

3. I can not see any telstra icon, I can see any wireless WIFI icons.

4. Yes, AC doesn't have telstra profile, so that I've generate by manually, but it doesn't work at all.

thanks again...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 483
Message 6 of 8

Please, specify:
when you hit F8 (Fn+F8), is there wwan radio entry available? or you just aren't able to manage it (enable, disable)?

Open command prompt window (hit win+R, cmd) and execute the followng command:
netsh mbn sh int

Copy and past results here (remove "Device ID" value for your privacy).

jeff72
Paper Tape
Views: 477
Message 7 of 8

Thanks GURU

I can see WWAN Radio on & off, it is always off, when I click it switched on, it couln't change it.

name: mobile broadband connection 2

descri[ption: Sierra wireless EM7345 4G LTE #2

GUID: {AE20178F-1070-4C26-89F0-186F66BA2E9A}

physical address: 00:aa:00:4d:??:??(security, it is mac address)

state: not connected

device type: mobile broadband device is embedded in the system

cellular class: GSM

device id: 0049??????????????(security)

manufacturer: sierra wireless icn.

model: sierra wireless EM7345 4G LTE

firmware version: FIH7160_V1.2_WW_01.1442.07

Failed to retrieve some of the information: error 0xffffffff

I think that it error is caused by SIm module damaged....(out of order for SIM mudule)

thanks GURU

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 471
Message 8 of 8

I agree, issue might be caused by the broken sim reader or sim card itself.
BUT:
- you replaced the sim card;
- sim card doesn't influence for the wwan card management (enable, disable)

At the same time, in the last 3 strings of the command output above you had to see information about broadband service provider name (from the sim cad), roaming status and signal power.

Another ones commands:
netsh mbn sh cap int=*
netsh mbn sh rad int=*
netsh mbn sh read int=*

(again, remove Device ID, subscriber ID, ICC code)

Has the em7345 card been factory preinstalled?
Did you use another wwan modem, USB port connected to?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors