Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rzande1
Paper Tape
Views: 3,432
Message 1 of 4

Sierra Wireless EM7355 Error - No Service

Hello,

I am having issues with the EM7355 network card for Verizon Wireless. I have a sim card installed in my computer linked to an active service plan. Unfortunately I am having troubles getting this to work. My windows 10 pro connection manager says Cellular: No Service. I havent setup any API yet under the windows tool. Also, I noticed that the Lenovo activation software doesnt work as it cannot find a card. Windows does see the card and when I look at the details, it seems to be able to read the sim card as it popuates the phone number from the line. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Richard

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,357
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sierra Wireless EM7355 Error - No Service

Hello and welcome to the forum

On-line activation of the Verizon LTE SIMs isn't supported presently. Lenovo MBA application shouldn't work under win10. You might try Sierra (modem manufacturer) connection manager - Sierra Watcher (presently belongs Netgear) which has Verizon activation capabilities. But I think there isn't avail.

Read the page below
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht081505

The OS differs, but the solution is the same - use the phone activation. I don't know exact Verizon' phone number, sorry, probably this one might work:
Lenovo Activation Center, 1-877-299-4710

Anyway, the simplect and most reliable way is to visit Verizon corporate store (not a franchise or reseller) near to you with laptop (it's not needed actually) and the sim card. Verizon staff should activate the card.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

rzande1
Paper Tape
Views: 3,312
Message 3 of 4

Re: Sierra Wireless EM7355 Error - No Service fixed - Now 3g vs 4g issue

Hello,

Thanks for your help. I was able to install the Sierra Wireless Skylight application and activate the card. The downside that I am facing still though is that while during the activation process, the modem moved from 1x to 3g to 4g but then it stepped down to 3g and has not moved back since. Has anyone had any experience trying to fix this problem? It seems ridiculous to only have 3g access on a modem made for 4g. I confirmed with Verizon Wireless that my account is provisioned to have full 4g data. Verizon has of course bounced this issue as a Lenovo issue and dont bother them with it. Is there something that can be tweaked to fix this? 

Regards,

Richard Zander

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,307
Message 4 of 4

Re: Sierra Wireless EM7355 Error - No Service fixed - Now 3g vs 4g issue

Windows doesn't have such feature - preferable wwan network type selection. Use Sierra' application, there should be connection profile creation capabilities with choosing of the network type, auto (it means depending on the operator's network in specific location) or preferable. Another way is to use AT commands via modem serial port. It needs some experience

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors