Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michele654
Punch Card
Views: 316
Message 1 of 3

Sierra Wireless WWAN drivers, security update, but it's not updated

Lenovo posted a security notice about the Sierra Wireless drivers yesterday.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/product_security/LEN-12739

In that it says that X1 Yoga should have a new driver version 2.36.10970.4674 at the following location, last updated 7/13/17.
http://support.lenovo.com/my/en/downloads/DS112204

1)  That is not the version listed at the location.  That version is of the 7.34 variety, as so many of the machines use.

2)  The drivers at that location say their last update was in February.  My download agreed, by naming it nz1wn03w(1).exe, meaning I had downloaded that file before.

3)  Microsoft seems to insist theirs is the best driver, in device manager it shows I currently have Microsoft driver version 10.0.14393.1198 for the network adapter.

4)  When I run it anyway, thinking maybe someone forgot to update the web page and file name, I'm told that the currently installed driver is better than the one I'm trying to install, and it does nothing.

What am I missing?  What should be the next step?

-Michele

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 277
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sierra Wireless WWAN drivers, security update, but it's not updated

Hello

What wwan card is installed in your laptop? em7430?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

michele654
Punch Card
Views: 261
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sierra Wireless WWAN drivers, security update, but it's not updated

Qualcomm Snapdragon X7 LTE-A (Sierra Wireless EM7455)

This was the standard card that came with the X1 Yoga 1st gen, which is listed as updated in the security bulletin.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors