Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
numb92
Paper Tape
Views: 6,088
Message 1 of 27

Snipping Tool Has Orange Tint Now

Hi everyone, I'm an avid user of the Snipping Tool which was working perfectly up until yesterday (I believe this has to do with me installing updates but not sure which specific Driver is causing this issue). 

All of a sudden, whenever I screenshot something or even Print Screen and paste - my screen is showing an orange tint. 

I've attached a screenshot below, as well as recent information about my software and laptop. Can someone please assist? 

I have a 6th Gen Lenovo X1 Carbon, x-64 based processor, with Windows 10 Home Version 1809 installed. My Display Driver is an Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 - version 26.20.100.6860

Thanks in advance!

screenshot example.JPG

Liis
What's DOS?
Views: 5,923
Message 2 of 27

Re: Snipping Tool Has Orange Tint Now

I have exactly the same problem. Everything worked fine yesterday but today all screenshots are tinted orange. Doesn't matter which schreenshot software I use. (Snipping tool, shareX, Lightshot...)

I tried to update Windows, some drivers, screenshot programs, but nothing fixed the problem.

Would really appreciate some help with this problem.

Windows 10 Pro, version 1903. 

Liis
What's DOS?
Views: 5,910
Message 3 of 27

I found a solution!

I downloaded the Lenovo Vantage software, opened the Hardware settings part and Reset the Eye Care Mode. 

ApplicationFrameHost_2019-09-05_11-02-28.png

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 5,826
Message 4 of 27

Thanks for this problem report.  The Eye Care mode was updated this week, looks like it is causing this problem.  We will investigate.  Sorry for this trouble.

jketchum
What's DOS?
Views: 5,782
Message 5 of 27

I have a similar problem with my snipping tool taking tinted images. I tried turning on and off both the Daytime Color Temp and the Eye Care and also reseting them and I still have the tinted screen shot. I have also been having issues with my screen flashing bright, which I think might just be my computer intermitenlty flashing between the tinted and normal white display.

MarjaH
Paper Tape
Views: 5,743
Message 6 of 27

Hi!

Thanks Liis for solving the orange-problem. I spend the whole day trying to solve that problem but didn'n find it out. Thanks! Tomorrow is better day -not orange.

daffidal
Paper Tape
Views: 5,645
Message 7 of 27

Of note, my Vantage settings are under Device at the top bar > My Device Setting > Display & Camera.  They are not on the Vantage landing page as the Lenovo website says.  

To remove the severe orange tint to Snagit, Print Screen, Snipping Tools, etc, I moved the hue to cold.  Sure it will hurt my eyes but I cannot have orange clippings! 

Thank you Louis for finding this so quickly. I have urgent needs for screen clips for work and would have gone batty without this solution!2019-09-05_21-16-11.png

usman095
What's DOS?
Views: 5,563
Message 8 of 27

If you have windows 10 then you can use windows night light. It can be enabled in display setting

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 5,466
Message 9 of 27

I'm sorry to say that we have no solution for this.  Eye Care mode is causing this problem.  Please turn off the Eye Care mode in Vantage.  

jonblack1234
What's DOS?
Views: 5,189
Message 10 of 27

I have same problem.  Eye care is disabled, but screen shots are still tinted with an orange color.  Will Lenovo release an update to correct this problem?  If not, is there any way to completely uninstall the Lenovo software that is affecting the screen shots?  I work in IT and take dozens of screen shots daily.  This is a terrible incovenience.

2019-09-07 06_48_58-Reply to Message - Lenovo Community.png

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors