Did you mean: 
Ulrik10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 134
Message 11 of 13

Re: So called "experts" on this forum just cost me 1000$

So there are 4 types of password

Windows password; this was definitely not it

Hard drive password: No, because like I mentioned I mistook the hard drive password for the BIOS password at first, so actually I used the hard drive password every time I booted the PC. Looking at the the link you sent me this could also have been the "power on password", I have no idea.

This only showed up when I tried to enter the BIOS. It looked like this when I had typed in a false password three times:

svp_or_pop_fail_3_times

Then the computer shut down

Please tell me this is the BIOS password and not some other I could've easily removed

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

zekeblue
Token Ring
Views: 87
Message 12 of 13

A bit difficult to follow. The only way I can make sense of this is if this was a hard drive password for an encrypted drive. Then writing a recovery image over the encrypted hard drive would work (I think!).

. . . . . Zeke . . . . . X1 Carbon G6 - Win10 (current), P50 - Win10 (2 yrs), T510 - Win7 (previous 6 yrs)
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 60
Message 13 of 13

You can see the BIOS settings by hitting enter but you cannot change anything.  With a disk password, you cannot see or access anything without the password.  The power on password and the HDD are prompted every time you start.  The BIOS password is prompted only when you try to get to the BIOS screen.  The only "fixes" for a forgotten BIOS password are to remember the PW or replace the motherboard.  There is no work-around for a disk PW.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors