Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-22-2014

2 Signins

43 Page Views

• Message 1 of 3

Speaker problem on the X1 Carbon (Touch, 20A8)

2014-10-22, 15:20 PM

Does anyone here encounters problems with the speaker on your X1 Carbon? I usually place my X1 on a flat surface / work desk to work, with music playing but when I pick it up, the speaker does not output any sound at all.

This has happen on far too many occasions and it gets extremely annoying as I look like an idiot after that, constantly picking up and setting down the **bleep** thing just so I can sort of get the speaker to output sound correctly.

I didn't drop the accursed thing and yet the speakers works as if some innards had come loose or something.

The headphone jack doesn't work as well when the above nonsense takes place.

Any advice or solution for this?

I had wanted to recommend my company to switch from Dell to Lenovo (ultrabooks) but after my 'fabulous' experiences (a multitude of others which I have not posted here because the Lenovo Support in Singapore SUCKS) with this, I think its safer to stick with Dell's XPS series.

Answer
Options

64 Posts

09-09-2014

Poland

94 Signins

716 Page Views

• Views: 716

Re: Speaker problem on the X1 Carbon (Touch, 20A8)

2014-10-23, 7:46 AM

Hi there,

I already had this same problem a while ago. The issue was with the speakers’ cables which were crushed by the laptop's cover. The cables were between the cover (a quality of manufacturing)....whenever I moved the laptop I was experiencing issues with sound.

What I did: I just called Lenovo to come over and repair it (I took only 3 visits of the technicians to fix it …and only 2 months!).

Please see position 11 on this picture:

Now it is OK

Hope you find it helpful.

Take care and cheers.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

64 Posts

09-09-2014

Poland

94 Signins

716 Page Views

• Views: 716
  • Message 2 of 3

2014-10-23, 7:46 AM

Hi there,

I already had this same problem a while ago. The issue was with the speakers’ cables which were crushed by the laptop's cover. The cables were between the cover (a quality of manufacturing)....whenever I moved the laptop I was experiencing issues with sound.

What I did: I just called Lenovo to come over and repair it (I took only 3 visits of the technicians to fix it …and only 2 months!).

Please see position 11 on this picture:

Now it is OK

Hope you find it helpful.

Take care and cheers.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

10-13-2015

United States

2 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 3 of 3

2015-10-13, 19:52 PM

My speakers weren't working and it turned out the problem was with the FN function keyboard that also didn't work.  The solution was to reinstall the updated driver for the FN keyboard on the lenevo website and make sure the mute button wasn't pressed (between up and down volume)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms