Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

453 Posts

08-27-2009

Turkey

969 Signins

4650 Page Views

• Views: 4650
  • Message 1 of 1

Static electricity and annoying problems.

2019-04-04, 11:43 AM
Hi, I asked this before but couldnt find any solution. Recently i opened my X201 to replace fan because it was giving fan error. When i installed everything and turned on the laptop many keys on the keyboard not working. This happened many times to me that wasted many new keyboards in past years. I can use on external keyboard without problem. Also I opened lcd bezel to clean the dust then AC indicator light begun blinking in green when laptop is shut down. I suspect static electricity is causing this. I did removed batter/ac adaptor/cmos battery and pressed 10 times then 30 seconds hold on power button on the keyboard but it doesnt fix the problem. This beautiful x201 is no longer in production and parts are extremely expensive that i cannot afford anymore. Please any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
ThinkPad X20, T23, X31, X40, T42, T60, X61, X61s, X230 / ThinkCentre M92p SFF / ThinkVision LT2252pwA
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms