cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLLC
Paper Tape
Views: 183
Message 1 of 1

Storage upgrade issues: ThinkPad X230 [2325SWK build] and ThinkPad UltraBase Series 3

Apologies if this is reprising and earlier question on this topic.

I have recently acquired an old-ish second-hand ThinkPad X230 [2325SWK build with a G2ET91WW (2.51) BIOS], accompanied by a ThinkPad UltraBase Series 3 docking station [P/N 0B67692] which has an empty 2½" bay.

I need advice on the following issues:
1    The X230 currently has an SSD installed [Samsung 128GB MZ7TD128HAFV-000L1] which will not be large enough for the programs and program data that I have planned to install.  I would like to upgrade to a 1 1TB SSD, and I propose to clone the contents of the existing 128 GB drive to a 1 TB Samsung 850 Evo [MZ-75E1T0B].  Are there any SATA or other firmware issues that I should be aware of before acquiring the 1 TB drive, arranging for its cloning and for the replacement of the current 128 GB drive?

2    I would like to populate the empty 2½" bay on the UltraBase Series 3 docking station with an HDD, and the model I have in mind is a 2 TB Seagate BarraCuda Hard Drive [ST2000LM015].  Again, I'd like to know if there are any hardware, firmware or other issues before acquisition and installation.

I'd be grateful for any help on either of these two issues in an Australian context.
Top Kudoed Authors