Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 122
Message 1 of 3

Strange screen dimmness behavior on X1E 4K

Hi, got a new X1E with 4K screen.  At max brightness, when I plugged the AC adapter to the X1E, the screen became dimmer. When I unplugged it, the screen became brighter. Plugging the AC adapter back to the laptop dimmed the screen again. What is happening? I did not have this issue on my first X1E.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 86
Message 2 of 3

Re: Strange screen dimmness behavior on X1E 4K

Hi lenovotv!

Welcome to the community forums.

It might be the brightness level in power options is set to a lower brightness when the Ac adapter is plugged in. Could you check that? 

Press Windows+X to show the menu, and choosePower Options on it. Type power op in the search box on taskbar, and select Power Options in the results. Way 3: Open Power Options in Control Panel.

Let us know if that worked. Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

lenovotv
Token Ring
Views: 77
Message 3 of 3

Re: Strange screen dimmness behavior on X1E 4K

Thanks matt_lenovo, I am at Power Options. Can't find anything about brightness level. where is it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors