Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

03-24-2021

Chile

12 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 3

TB3 Carbon x1 6th No more detected

2021-08-08, 3:42 AM

Hi ,

I tryed everything in the forum and is impossible to make work my TB3 with my Carbon.

I tryed all the steps of Intel Thunderbolt software and try to update fw and nothing. The TB3 is only powering charhing the Carbon but not work any of dock. The dock is working i tested in other computer (OSX and other X1) and works.

Here some stuff i do:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sk/en/solutions/ht508988   tryed this steps

Thunderbolt recommended version and not detect docking

Trying to update FW thunderbolt, but not workings because thunderbolt soft not detect doking.

Device manager not see the Thunderbolt docking

I tryed reset button of back hole, bios check TB3 setups all tryed..and nothing..

Any advice? thx!

Options

5606 Posts

04-25-2008

United States of America

40044 Signins

769414 Page Views

• Views: 769414
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:TB3 Carbon x1 6th No more detected

2021-08-08, 14:02 PM

If it’s still under warranty, call it in.

USB-C: Just cos it fits don't mean it works.
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Options

12 Posts

03-24-2021

Chile

12 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:TB3 Carbon x1 6th No more detected

2021-08-09, 1:05 AM

Hi i have 2 months of warranty, i called Lenovo hope they replace my MB. In case i read about this repair, not sure if can work for repair TB Firmware, is using older installer and replace the TPM.bin with new one .

https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/eszg2o/thinkpad_tb3_failure_what_we_know_repair/

0. Accept that you are doing it on your own risk, bricking is really possible

1. Download the firmware update that is the one you want but the one that fails

2. Download this updater, which is an older version https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n24th06w.exe

3. For both updaters, run them, but put different unpack path, then after unpacking uncheck the automatic start of the installer, do the same for both updaters to keep both unpacked in separate directories

4. Go to bios, enable your thunderbolt and enable thunderbolt bios assist mode, and set thunderbolt security to No security

5. Boot into windows again, go to where you have your updaters, copy the TPM.bin or whatever was the name from the newer one to the older one, replacing the file)

6. Run the older installer, it will complain the controller is in safe mode but it will update it anyway

7. Afterwards it will reboot automatically, let it boot again

8. Go to bios again and disable Assist mode

Regards!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms