Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lifesaver1
Punch Card
Views: 687
Message 21 of 27

Re: TP X1 Carbon 6TH CPU idles at almost 4 GHz after 1.25 BIOS Update

Have none to try at the moment, so I can't say.

BrianSu
HDMI
Views: 653
Message 22 of 27

@lifesaver1 wrote:

but is the service running?

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen), ASUS PG27UQ Quantum Dot UHD 4K HDR 144 Hz Monitor
lifesaver1
Punch Card
Views: 634
Message 23 of 27

I do not know how to check that for you.

thinkpadreally
Punch Card
Views: 571
Message 24 of 27

wrote:

wrote:

but is the service running?

My unit was run fine after the clean reinstall. The problem back again only after I connect it to a dell dock with a USB type cable. There was no problem while using a regular USB 3.0 cable before. Since then, I began to hear the fan noise more often. I have tried to switch the cable back but nothing happened.

The problem might be caused by the high CPU usage (3 to 15%) of 'windows driver foundation'. Most of the time, if I only use chrome, it will be the top one on the list in my task manager. Once I kill it, my display will be disconnected. Thus it is indeed related to that thunderbolt port I believe. However, I don't have a WMI Provider Host that consumes lots of CPU. 

The frustration I still have is that the fan will begin to run and become audible as long as the CPU usage exceeds 18 to 20%. When I use text editor Atom. I have to close it to let the laptop becoming quiet so that I can sleep at night. 

thinkpadreally
Punch Card
Views: 564
Message 25 of 27

I just check the support website, and there is a new version of bios 1.25 issued on June 28th. Thus, I believe it is the real 1.25 bios. In the note, it mentioned that "‎Fixed an issue where ThinkPad surface temperature is higher than designed." I don't know what this supposed to mean, but we will see.

thinkpadreally
Punch Card
Views: 548
Message 26 of 27

It has been a few hours since I installed the 1.25 BIOS update from Lenovo's support website (not via Vantage app). Everything works fine now. I believe that 1.25 BIOS I installed before was actually 1.23 but incorrectly displayed as 1.25 in Vantage due to its bug. Therefore, I wonder accept this as the solution. 

bobNOTurUNCLE
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 126
Message 27 of 27

Try R9 -check the options on the title bar in your BIOS. I learned not to use Windows OS to update the firmware. Things went better for me after a complete re-install of Windows. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors