cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tx155
Fanfold Paper
Views: 274
Message 1 of 1

TPM update issue on Carbon X1 5th - Windows keeps telling to update TPM firmware

Hello,

I have Carbon X1 5th (20HR) running Windows 10 pro (updated).

Altought I followed the instructions here - https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cy/en/downloads/ds120390 (This is the page for Lenovo users who wish to update TPM firmware) - and installed the "BIOS Update Utility for Windows 10" version 1.33, Windows still keeps telling me to update the TPM firmware driver. 

In BIOS it shows that I have TPM ver 2.0, enabled.

Since Windows kept telling me to update the TPM driver, thanks to Google I found out that there is a tool created by Lenovo called "TPM Firmware Update Utility -ThinkPad" (It is worth noting that this tool is not mentioned on the instruction page). I downloaded the tool, but can't understnad how to use it (assuming that I should use it at all, because this tool is not mentioned on the TPM instructions page).

Could you please help me to solve the TPM issue described above?

Is there a way to check what version do I have?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: It seems that for some reason I didn't see the rest of the page with the explanation about the TPM Firmware Update Utility -ThinkPad (which actually was mentioned there!) Smiley Indifferent. However, I successfully installed the TPM firmware and windows stopped saying that I should update the TPM firmware. Eventually it turned out to be an embarrassing question.. Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors