Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthewkee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 203
Message 1 of 3

Take an in Warranty repair and do it myself

I have, under my care, an X260 laptop which has sustained damage to a corner of its casing. It does not appear to have affected the operability of the laptop. I submitted a ticket to get it repaired under the warranty but it comes back as a Depot repair. I have a hard time separating the employee from the laptop, especially for an indeterminate amount of time. Is not the bottom case just a shell? Can I contact someone to just get the part sent? I feel confident I can do a bottom case myself.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 191
Message 2 of 3

Re: Take an in Warranty repair and do it myself

Does the machine have accidental damage coverage?  Normally, warranty won't cover physical case damage without accidental damage warranty..  In case of physical damage, depot repair is best in case something inside got damaged at the same time.  Also, the depot can move or replace stickers.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 159
Message 3 of 3

Re: Take an in Warranty repair and do it myself

I searched the partlist and Encompass Part, and I do not think you will be able to buy the part from Lenovo, but you can order it online via Ebay from China for about 35 bucks plus 10 bucks shipping.     It looks to be a pretty easy part to replace...only requiring removing the battery and 17 small screws.

New IBM Lenovo Thinkpad X260 Lower Case Bottom Base Cover AP0ZK000100 SCB0K41880

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-IBM-Lenovo-Thinkpad-X260-Lower-Case-Bottom-Base-Cover-AP0ZK000100-SCB0K...

ThinkPad X260 Hardware Maintenance Manual (see page 64 for the steps to remove the base cover)

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/x260_hmm_en_sp40j47622_02.pdf

Cheers,

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors