07-14-2019

US

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 1

Terrible X390 support/repair experience

2019-07-14, 23:39 PM

I got my new X390 a little over a month ago. I first noticed an issue with the display detailed here: https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/c33uph/odd_display_issue_on_x390/

I opened a support ticket with Lenovo and showed them the photos I took. They dispatched a repair tech with a new display panel and system board. I logged into the WWTS site to check when the repair appointment was scheduled. I rescheduled to a more convenient day.

I took that day off work to wait for the repair tech. At about 11am after not hearing anything I logged back into the WWTS site to see that the parts were back ordered and no one was coming. No correspondence to me. Wasted day. Neat.

Finally a few days later I get an automated email telling me who the tech is that's coming out that day. Got the email after I was already at work. He called and asked if I was available that morning to do the repair. I had to reschedule for a day I could take off.

When that day came a different tech was dispatched. He shows up, I show him the display issue and he gets to work replacing the LCD. After the display is replaced I check and it has the same exact issue.

He then starts on replacing the system board. He gets it reassembled and runs into an issue setting the model. Calls his support. Takes another almost two hours before it boots up without error.

He has me log in and in addition to the display still being messed up I immediately notice the trackpoint right mouse button is broken. Doesn't click and doesn't seem attached. He says he has to order a part to replace it. Awesome.

He leaves, I go to open the laptop and the button just falls off. Great.

The lenovo support person emails me to see how the repair went. Told them what happened and they dispatched a replacement keyboard.

Two days go by and a different tech comes out and replaces the keyboard.

Today I noticed that the SD card tray on the back of the laptop was missing. Awesome. Look closer and there's a wire obstructing the slot.

I open the laptop up and see this. https://imgur.com/a/CxvL4Zm

So not only did the first tech incorrectly route the antenna wire from the wifi module, but they put it too close to the screw and crushed the wire, breaking the insulation.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save