Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bravo0916
Paper Tape
Views: 154
Message 1 of 4

The CPU (i7 9750h) speed keep 4.2Ghz~4.3Ghz

Hello

As long as I checked with "task manager" and  "CPUID HWMonitor" tools, the CPU speed has kept around 4.2Ghz all the time even if the CPU usage is around 1%-3%.  I don't see any huge applications which grab CPU resource.  Well, no applications have been launched actually.  Is this normal situation? 

I tried to check with my desktop PC which has i9 9900K and the CPU speed was around 750Ghz during idle time.  So I think the CPU speed should be around like this unless the other processes  like system run.  Do you have any ideas?

The PC model is X1 Extreme Gen2 

Regards,

Lenovo Employee Samcheng
Lenovo Employee
Views: 106
Message 2 of 4

Re: The CPU (i7 9750h) speed keep 4.2Ghz~4.3Ghz

Hi,

welcome to lenovo forums.

could you please check the settings in Control Panel->Power Option-> Processor Power Management->Minimum Processeor state.

if it is setted high, your cpu frequency will remain high.

Power.png

bravo0916
Paper Tape
Views: 101
Message 3 of 4

Hi, Samcheng

Thank you for your feedback.  Actually, I checked with "power option" and  the setting has been set as yours.

I mean, both of values are 5% at minimum processor state.  Well, I think this setting will be "default".

I have not changed parameters since I bought the PC.  Is there any settings on BIOS or the others?

Thank you for your support!

Regards,

bravo0916
Paper Tape
Views: 58
Message 4 of 4

The issue has been solved by myself.  I asked to Japan Lenovo support, but he did feedback the solution which was something wrong and I think he is not professional.  I am really disappointed with this.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors