Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

10-03-2020

United States of America

12 Signins

120 Page Views

• Views: 120
  • Message 31 of 43

Re:The New, 1st Generation X1 Nano... Yeah... You Know You Want One! ;-)

2021-02-05, 21:36 PM

@ NateS wrote:

@ Arr6 wrote:

Great review. Would like to know if the touch pad material has changed. Is it smooth glass or the previous chalkboard style that scratches?

Thanks for your question.

The touchpad on my pre-release machine is smooth as silk. No scratches, but I' pretty gentle with my machines.

Regards.

Thanks for that information. It must be a different surface. Previous ones had a coating that will leave marks on it even with short fingernails. You can test by rubbing your nail gently and if its glass will not leave a mark.

Options

6347 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

28888 Signins

1654238 Page Views

• Views: 1654238
  • Message 32 of 43

2021-02-05, 22:21 PM

@ Arr6 wrote:

@ NateS wrote:

@ Arr6 wrote:

Great review. Would like to know if the touch pad material has changed. Is it smooth glass or the previous chalkboard style that scratches?

The touchpad on my pre-release machine is smooth as silk. No scratches, but I' pretty gentle with my machines.

Regards.

Thanks for that information. It must be a different surface. Previous ones had a coating that will leave marks on it even with short fingernails. You can test by rubbing your nail gently and if its glass will not leave a mark.

I am not sure why fingernails need to come in contact with the surface, in any use case. If you are looking for a "damage/wear" stress test like that, you will need to look elsewhere. I am mostly a trackpoint user, but when I use the trackpad, it is only with the pads of my fingers, as it is designed to be used.

Again... the trackpad surface of my Nano gen1 is just as glassy-smooth as that on my other X1 machines: Carbon gen3, Yoga gen4, Fold gen1.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

9 Posts

10-03-2020

United States of America

12 Signins

120 Page Views

• Message 33 of 43

2021-02-05, 23:39 PM

@ NateS wrote:

@ Arr6 wrote:

@ NateS wrote:

@ Arr6 wrote:

Regards.

I am not sure why fingernails need to come in contact with the surface, in any use case. If you are looking for a "damage/wear" stress test like that, you will need to look elsewhere. I am mostly a trackpoint user, but when I use the trackpad, it is only with the pads of my fingers, as it is designed to be used.

Again... the trackpad surface of my Nano gen1 is just as glassy-smooth as that on my other X1 machines: Carbon gen3, Yoga gen4, Fold gen1.

Regards.

I was using the fingernail as an example to tell if it has that chalkboard surface (nails on chalkboard) or smooth glass like we see on some other laptops. It will show a mark but will wipe off- the thinkpad has a resilient coating. If it is like the previous generations then it is probably the same. Was hoping it would be glass like some of the HPs and Macbooks.

Options

1 Posts

02-12-2021

Malaysia

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 34 of 43

2021-02-12, 4:12 AM

My X1 Nano wireless mouse lags after short idle. Pls advise.

Tham

Options

162 Posts

11-07-2009

United States of America

154 Signins

1229 Page Views

• Views: 1229
  • Message 35 of 43

2021-02-14, 9:15 AM

@ Arr6 wrote:

As far as I know, click pad of any Thinkpad x1 series in history, and  probably T series too (they are interchangeable ) is made of glass. I owned all X1c models, X1y modes, There is no exception.

Options

162 Posts

11-07-2009

United States of America

154 Signins

1229 Page Views

• Views: 1229
  • Message 36 of 43

2021-02-14, 9:20 AM

@ TCM199 wrote:

My X1 Nano wireless mouse lags after short idle. Pls advise.

Tham

This might be your bluetooth driver issue. I believe Logitech MX anywhere 2s and 3 has dynamic pull rate (MX, MX2 still has fixed pull rate).  This might be the direction to start your investigation. 

Options

2 Posts

02-14-2021

Germany

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 37 of 43

2021-02-14, 9:32 AM

I did the CPU repaste. It is very easy to do. The bottom cover comes off easily by just unscrewing the 5 screws. There are no additional clips.

The fan ribbon cable needs to be unplugged (easy), then the 1 small screw on the fan. There are only the 3 screws left on the heatpipe CPU cooler. That's it, took only 5 minutes. I used Noctua NT-H1. The temperatures went down by 2-3 degree Celsius., not too much gain though, the heatpipe is quite long.

Options

9 Posts

10-03-2020

United States of America

12 Signins

120 Page Views

• Message 38 of 43

2021-02-17, 3:04 AM

@ dbao wrote:

@ Arr6 wrote:

As far as I know, click pad of any Thinkpad x1 series in history, and  probably T series too (they are interchangeable ) is made of glass. I owned all X1c models, X1y modes, There is no exception.

I think thinkpads have a coating on top of the glass that creates the friction, however minimal. I have an HP elitebook and a MacBook pro where the touchpads feel very different compared to the thinkpad. 

Options

2 Posts

02-14-2021

Germany

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 39 of 43

2021-02-17, 21:24 PM

Known issue with Evo notebooks. To get rid of the BT mouse lag just edit registry :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_8087&PID_0026\5&ed1e05a&0&10\Device Parameters]
"DeviceSelectiveSuspended"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendEnabled"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendSupported"=dword:00000000

Options

6347 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

28888 Signins

1654238 Page Views

• Views: 1654238
  • Message 40 of 43

2021-02-18, 1:29 AM

@ andre117 wrote:

Known issue with Evo notebooks. To get rid of the BT mouse lag just edit registry :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\\\\_8087&PID_0026Ν&ed1e05a&0&10\ Parameters]
"DeviceSelectiveSuspended"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendEnabled"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendSupported"=dword:00000000

Thank you for posting this. Very interesting information. If you have a link to more information, I would be very interested in reading further.

For reference, I seldom use mice with ThinkPads, instead favoring the TrackPoint. From several decades of use, I have built up some serious muscle memory. But... since I have recently seen some reports of Bluetooth mouse lags on some laptops, including the post in this thread, I dug out a Logitech BT/Wifi mouse I have and BT-paired it up with my Nano to check things out.

Interestingly, I also noticed some lag with the mouse running via BT. Pretty annoying, and interesting that you mention that it is connected to the EVO platform. No problem with it connected via the Wifi dongle, although that is not convenient with a machine that has no USB-A ports. Regardless, I dug into the registry and found the tree you describe above. The first dword existed, but neither of the second or third were there. Pushing forward, I set the value of the first to "0", and rebooted. Upon reboot, the first dword reset itself to "1", so, I added the second and third dwords, set them all to "0", rebooted, and tested.

Test results = zero BT mouse lags/fits/stops/starts, and the settings hold through reboots.

Hope this helps others.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms