cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user328787
Fanfold Paper
Views: 225
Message 1 of 2

The TouchPad stopped working on Windows 10 (X1 Carbon 6th Gen)

I recently did a clean install. I installed the latest versions of System Update and Service Bridge (not Vantage), updated everything and everything worked well. However, a few days later, after a standby both mouse and trackpoint were unresponsive. So here is what I did:

• I restarted, but both still did not work.
  • I uninstalled the device, still did not work.
  • I did diagnostics at boot to find that both TrackPoint and TouchPad work.
  • I re-installed the latest Synaptics UltraNav from here, and now the TrackPoint and TrackPoint buttons worked again, but the TouchPad still not functional.
  • Now, when I uninstall the driver in Device Manager, the TouchPad comes back to life, but obviously quirky.
  • When I re-install the driver, then, again, only the TrackPoint works.
  • When I try to reflash the firmware I get error 0x62.
  • I installed Vatage and checked for updates, but it didn't find any.

In the TouchPad Driver Diagnostics (Ctrl-Shift-I in the ThinkPad tab in Mouse Settings) I find Device 0 and Device 2 and the TouchPad actually produces produces Thin_Finger events correctly. So the hardware is definitely working. Below I've attached diagnostic file.

user328787
Fanfold Paper
Views: 170
Message 2 of 2

Re: The TouchPad stopped working on Windows 10 (X1 Carbon 6th Gen)

I uninstalled the driver by runnning "rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll",standAloneUninstall". Then I restarted and installed the Synaptics driver by system update in Lenovo Vantage. Now it works, oddly enough. Let's hope it continues working.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors