Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chuchu
What's DOS?
Views: 393
Message 1 of 3

The boot failure in ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th after the change of WLAN card

Hi all,

After I got my X1 2018, I tried to upgrade the Wlan from 8265 to 9260ac.

However, after i change it, I found that my 9260ac did't have fru, thus, it show the failure message i attached below.

Therefore, I change it back to the original one, but it still cannot boot normally to the windows.

i tried to hard reset the bios on my x1 (remove the connection of battery and the bios battery), and it can boot normally few time

but after it also showing this message.

what can i do Smiley Embarassed

20180930_141655.jpg

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 346
Message 2 of 3

Re: The boot failure in ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th after the change of WLAN card

Hello and welcome,

To my knowledge newer ThinkPads don't enforce a WLAN whitelist.  What you posted isn't a failure message - not the 1802 one would expect from a non-whitelisted card.  Did you get an 1802 with the 9260AC?

In any case, your boot menu doesn't show a bootable drive.  My guess is that you dislodged or damaged your SSD somehow.  Have you tried reseating it?  If you look at App Menu -> Setup -> BIOS config, does it show up there?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

chuchu
What's DOS?
Views: 313
Message 3 of 3

Re: The boot failure in ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th after the change of WLAN card

Thank you! 

after I change my SSD in x1

This problem does not happen again!

but I check it, this ThinkPad still support the WLAN card which has the FRU.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors