cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagostini
Paper Tape
Views: 355
Message 1 of 5

ThinkPad Pro Dock, ThinkPad Ultra Dock, or ThinkPad OneLink Pro Dock - External Monitors

I have a simple question,

Can I run 2 external monitors using the Ultrabase series 3 with the X230 docked and the lid open? 

My goal is to be able to see basically 3 displays. The main one would be the laptop and the other two extended monitors connected to the dock stations. One connected with VGA cable and the other with display port cable.

Any help is appreciated. 

Sebastiano

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 334
Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkPad Pro Dock, ThinkPad Ultra Dock, or ThinkPad OneLink Pro Dock - External Monitors

The X230 can support this configuration from memory.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
sagostini
Paper Tape
Views: 332
Message 3 of 5

Re: ThinkPad Pro Dock, ThinkPad Ultra Dock, or ThinkPad OneLink Pro Dock - External Monitors

Hello Sir,I have tried several times with some x230 laptops and dockstations but I was not able to make it work.

Can you provide some more details? 

I took a screenshot and here below is what I got.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqm8qktwgq2fhra/dual%20monitor%20with%20lid%20open%20x230.PNG?dl=0

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 322
Message 4 of 5

It was my understanding that you could get a maximum of 2 displays total.  That was the most I could get.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 297
Message 5 of 5

You can definitely get 2 external + 1 internal. This is the configuration that i tested using the series 3 plus dock several years ago.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lead_org/8811348668

I remember testing this configuration on the Ultrabase series 3 about a year ago and i think it worked from memory. But since i am in China right now travelling for work, i don't have the machine or the dock with me to test this particular configuration.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors