Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

11-01-2019

Canada

5 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 1 of 13

ThinkPad Pro Docking Station - Type 40AH - External Monitor Not Working with V3.3.1 Update

2019-11-01, 20:05 PM

We recently update the ThinkPad Pro Docking Station Firmware to V3.3.1 

We are not able to connect the monitors after a few minutes.   When it eventually connects the screens are shifted to the left with a Black Bar on the Right Hand and Purple Line on the Edge  of Screen. 

Monitors with issues are LG Flatron W2242 TQ with 22 inch 1680 X 1050. 

Other 1080p monitors are working as expected. 

We are looking at how to rollback to the previous firmware version

Options

4280 Posts

08-02-2018

Singapore

838 Signins

22047 Page Views

• Views: 22047
  • Message 2 of 13

Re: ThinkPad Pro Docking Station - Type 40AH - External Monitor Not Working with V3.3.1 Update

2020-01-02, 14:37 PM

Hi OCAS!

Welcome to our forums community.

Base on the website, there is a recent version of 3.7.3 of the firmware of the docking station. You can download it here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/accessory/docks/thinkpad-pro-docking-station/40ah/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Advanced%20Firmware. To make sure that everything is up to date, run the update through the Vantage app. Install all detected updates. Let us know if it works for you. 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

6 Posts

10-06-2020

United States of America

15 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 3 of 13

Re:ThinkPad Pro Docking Station - Type 40AH - External Monitor Not Working with V3.3.1 Update

2020-12-18, 15:21 PM

Did you ever find a solution for this?  We have the exact same issue with the same model LG monitors.  It is still an issue with the latest firmware.  We've opened multiple support tickets with both premier and regular support, and they have been less then helpful. There must be a way to apply old firmware. No one in support seems to want to take ownership and follow this through, which is really disappointing.

Options

6 Posts

10-06-2020

United States of America

15 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 4 of 13

Re:ThinkPad Pro Docking Station - Type 40AH - External Monitor Not Working with V3.3.1 Update

2021-04-16, 18:04 PM

So a year later, and support has been clueless on this.  We're now faced with having to purchase dozens of new monitors as we upgrade laptops, over a firmware issue.  Docks I've confirmed with the problem are the Pro Docking Station, USB-C Gen 2 docking station, and Thunderbolt 3 docking station.  Disappointing to say the least.

Options

6 Posts

10-06-2020

United States of America

15 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2021-06-16, 21:26 PM

I feel like I'm just talking to myself at this point, but for the sake of anyone who comes across this post with the same issue, the resolution is to use an Active DisplayPort to DVI adapter. 

If there are any actual Lenovo support people on here, do others a favor and add this to your knowledge base.  These docks previously worked fine with a passive adapter, but after a past firmware update now require an active adapter for some monitors. 

Options

4280 Posts

08-02-2018

Singapore

838 Signins

22047 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2021-06-17, 22:50 PM

Thanks for sharing your information.

You can start a topic with the description and details of hardware to make a Community Knowledgebase.

This is a peer to peer information shared and gets voted by fellow members as an accepted solution.

Jwes_Lenovo

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

8 Posts

06-12-2021

United States of America

22 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 7 of 13

2021-06-22, 14:05 PM

@ jimno wrote:

I feel like I' just talking to myself at this point, but for the sake of anyone who comes across this post with the same issue, the resolution is to use an Active DisplayPort to DVI adapter. 

If there are any actual Lenovo support people on here, do others a favor and add this to your knowledge base.  These docks previously worked fine with a passive adapter, but after a past firmware update now require an active adapter for some monitors. 

Was your issue just the monitor, or did nothing work with the 40AH dock? I can't tell if it was Windows or Lenovo because I had both of them update software/drivers at the same time, but my dock doesn't work anymore except power. I'm leaning toward Lenovo because I wiped my machine and started with a clean Windows 20H2 and it still didn't work. I tried several bios versions on my Thinkpad L14 and the same result. I'm guessing the dock firmware got updated, but since I can't connect to it properly anymore, I can't apply any update to it. As in your case, Lenovo has been less than helpful...

Options

4 Posts

11-01-2019

Canada

5 Signins

43 Page Views

• Message 8 of 13

2021-06-22, 14:48 PM

We are not able to connect two monitors with the Docking Station

First Monitor is connected via VGA and 2nd monitor is connected via DP to DVI-D and the 2nd monitor shows a purple bar on the side of the screen 

we have tried with the latest windows updates and issue occurred after docking station updates 

we have also purchased with docking stations recently purchased with no updates to laptop and same issue occurs. 

Works fine on monitors that have HDM or DP Port on them 

Options

4280 Posts

08-02-2018

Singapore

838 Signins

22047 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

2021-06-22, 21:50 PM

Each setup and device model would be different to each so it may be best to start your own topic itself to have it all detailed specifications.

This would also allow the discussion to be delivered to the original poster's intention.

The latest certified version is posted in the support type so the older version may no longer be available.

You can try calling your tech support team in your region if they would be able to provide you the older version.

Jwes_Lenovo

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

11-01-2019

Canada

5 Signins

43 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

2021-06-23, 13:50 PM

The original posting was created by us. 

We are looking for support from Lenovo Support on the issue 

Only work around we have found is ensuring that the firmware doesn't get updated for the docking station as soon as this is completed issues occur with the docking station 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)