Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonMannino
Punch Card
Views: 2,089
Message 11 of 66

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2017 edition

Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen ordered 5/11, originally said arriving end of June. Then updated to July 5th. 2 days later, updated to ship on May 21st, arrive May 29th. Yay!  

However, I know these things change again sometimes.  Let's hope the factory doesn't run out of OLED screens and 1TB hard drives!

Has anyone else ordered the new Thinkpad X1 Yoga? What's your configuration like, and what is the delay looking like on yours?

Don Mannino

Cypress, California

Falcon_CMH
Punch Card
Views: 2,076
Message 12 of 66

I ordered the Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen on 5/12 (well 5/11 then cancelled and reordered for discount via coupon) and it originaly said 6/30 delivery now it says 5/30. I ordered a fully loaded one with the OLED, 1 TB NVMe PCIe SSD, 16 GB memory etc. Its for my daughter to use at college. I hope its a solid product like my P70 and X1 Carbon Gen 4 have been. If it is I might sell my X1 Carbon Gen 4 and buy another Yoga for myself. I have been eye balling the P71, if it was OLED I would pull the trigger immediately, but a fully loaded one is still a steep price and I just bought my P70 within the last year.

DonMannino
Punch Card
Views: 2,032
Message 13 of 66

Ah, another true Thinkpad fan. I have been away for a while, as my company would not pay for the Thinkpad so I chose a Lenovo Yoga2Pro instead.  It has been a solid little computer also, but the keyboard layout is annoying, and I'm having issues with it flashing the screen on and off when running on battery.

The Yoga form factor has been wonderful when traveling.  I use it on the airplane to read and watch movies, then if I have space open it up if to do work. I also give presentations wirelessly (if the screen is cooperative!) and love using it in tablet mode for that, marking things on the screen and all.  Windows 10 is awesome.

I'm looking foward to being back on a Thinkpad. It will be my 7th, and all have been excellent.

behl818
Paper Tape
Views: 1,994
Message 14 of 66

X1 yoga oled maxed out options and 3 yr warranty ordered on 5/13 through EPP, initial end of June shipping moved to shipping next week. Fingers crossed!

Falcon_CMH
Punch Card
Views: 1,972
Message 15 of 66

OK so I went ahead and just ordered the P71 too. Gonna sell my P70 cheap if someone wants it message me.

DonMannino
Punch Card
Views: 1,963
Message 16 of 66

Behl818, 

Sounds nice - it looks like they have good stock of the OLED displays. I'm thinking they are working hard to ship as many as possible in the last week of May to get their sales numbers going. Let's hope these aren't rushed and full of issues!

Nah, they're Thinkpads, right?

Here's to thinking positive!

DonMannino
Punch Card
Views: 1,930
Message 17 of 66

Oh my. This morning I received 2 emails - one from Lenovo saying my Thinkpad X1 Yoga shipped. The other email is from my bank, saying they declined the charge, thought it was a fraudulent charge!!!!

So I cleared that up with the bank, but they say I need to resubmit the charge.  No way to do that on the Lenovo web site that I can see.

I guess I have to wait until Lenovo contacts me about it - ?  Or (hopefully)  they will simply resubmit it themselves.

I sure hope it doesn't delay the shipment, though.

veriton
Token Ring
Views: 1,927
Message 18 of 66

Just in case, I'd suggest you contact Lenovo Customer Services about it - there should be contact phone numbers on the order confirmation email. That way you can check the payment has cleared - hopefully it will have just temporarily delayed the shipping release from the factory.

Good luck!

Simon

_____
X1C5 May 17 | i7-7600U 16G 1TB LTE W10-1709 | USB3 dock + two 1080p displays, 25% on road
X220: i7, 16GB, m500 960GB, F5521gw
behl818
Paper Tape
Views: 1,892
Message 19 of 66

Shipped 5/22, ETA 5/26. Can't wait! Happy Memorial Day Weekend all!
veriton
Token Ring
Views: 1,843
Message 20 of 66

Cat Mad UPS have failed to deliver for a second day: yesterday they said they had an incomplete postcode (only at 3:30pm ...it's correct on my Lenovo invoice so it's hard to tell where it went wrong as you can't see it in the UPS portal), and today it was out for delivery all day, just never arrived. The CS agent I spoke to is going to send a message to the depot - probably by carrier pigeon! I just hope my X1C hasn't been rattling round their delivery van for 2 days Cat Sad

Sadly this is not the first time I've had issues with UPS...

_____
X1C5 May 17 | i7-7600U 16G 1TB LTE W10-1709 | USB3 dock + two 1080p displays, 25% on road
X220: i7, 16GB, m500 960GB, F5521gw
Top Kudoed Authors