Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veriton
Token Ring
Views: 1,901
Message 21 of 66

Re: ThinkPad X series shipping thread - 2017 edition

My X1C5 finally arrived today (it took 3 days to deliver within UK due to UPS).

For info: I ordered it on 24/4, it left factory on 16/5 (3 weeks 1 day later) and should have arrived on 22/5 (4 weeks after order) had UPS not had trouble. Around when I ordered the UK webstore was alternating between 4-5 or 3-4 weeks shipping (possibly depending on spec), so actually that was pretty accurate.

Simon

PS. it's a very nice machine

_____
X1C5 May 17 | i7-7600U 16G 1TB LTE W10-1709 | USB3 dock + two 1080p displays, 25% on road
X220: i7, 16GB, m500 960GB, F5521gw
DonMannino
Punch Card
Views: 1,888
Message 22 of 66

I'm glad to hear your computer finally made it, Simon!

My shipment from China seems to be running ahead of schedule.  UPS delivered my spare power supply today, and UPS tracking shows that the X1Yoga will arrive tomorrow. It was originally scheduled to arrive on Monday 5/29!

Falcon_CMH
Punch Card
Views: 1,854
Message 23 of 66

My daughter's X1 Yoga Gen2 showed up today way earlier than the original and even the updated dates which is awesome. We went thru the setup. It is 1607 Win 10 not 1703 and 1703 didn't come down from windows update so I had to use an ISO with 1703 to update it to the latest version of Windows, there is a link to get a download from MS for those who don't have MSDN ISOs I just don't have it handy. Also Lenovo puts some OEM Office 365 crap on the laptop that if you install Office 2016 Pro and have a key it will always ask you to activate even if you activated it. Here is a link to a fix from MS for those who want to get rid of the annoying activation screen: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3170450/repeated-activation-prompts-occur-after-installing-...

Outside of those 2 issues it went very well. The OLED screen is beautiful of course. We will see how my daughter likes it for college but I think its a great choice for her.

I might have to replace my X1 Carbon Gen 4 with one.

Lenovo Companion is awesome to keep the Yogas drivers and software updated from Lenovo.

Lenovo did install 64 bit Win 10 which was much appreciated.

DonMannino
Punch Card
Views: 1,845
Message 24 of 66

I can report my X1 Yoga arrived early today. Great machine so far - the OLED display really is spectacular with great brightness and contrast. 

Mine is updating to Windows 10 1703 via the Update Assistant, downloaded from the Microsoft web site. All is running smoothly.

Wifi AC is wonderfully fast - I am copying files over from the old Yoga2 Pro really quick. 

Keyboard is awesome - SO much better than the Lenovo Yoga! Both the feel and the layout are a relief after 4 years of the standard Lenovo keyboard.

Falcon_CMH
Punch Card
Views: 1,840
Message 25 of 66

Yeah I noticed the wifi was super fast too.

Also I ran Crystal to check the NVMe PCIe Samsung SSD and it was wicked fast.

My daughter is woking late can't wait until she gets home to try it out.

After the 1703 update everything still seemed to work fine. I saw some posts out here about different issues so I had some concern but no worries.

Overall I am extremely happy with Lenovo on every aspect of this purchase from the sales to the delivery and especially the actual product, great job!

raqball
Punch Card
Views: 1,790
Message 26 of 66

Mine should be shipping soon...

I ordered the Silver so am kind of excited to get it and see how that color looks in real life.

---------
X1C 5th Gen -- Silver
Lakhani
What's DOS?
Views: 1,705
Message 27 of 66

Falcon, how much you want for your old p70? Write me

How to send pm to a member? Couldn't find her

Moderator edit by bananaman: Masked member's email address to prevent it from being scooped up by the SPAM crawlers. Please use the private Message (PM) feature instead. Click on the member's name>Send this user a private message.

Falcon_CMH
Punch Card
Views: 1,701
Message 28 of 66

Sry long story short I am not getting the P71 now so I need my P70 still.

raqball
Punch Card
Views: 1,660
Message 29 of 66

My CTO for the Silver has been bummped up to shipping on the 3rd! :woot:

Does UPS pick up on Saturday in China? I assume so...

---------
X1C 5th Gen -- Silver
DonMannino
Punch Card
Views: 1,648
Message 30 of 66

My experience with recent shipments is that they do ship on the day promised, even on Sunday. It is sometimes delayed a day in customs, but then UPS seems to move up the delivery date a day!  So give it a few days then check the UPS tracking page - theirs is the most accurate for arrival date.

Since the computers are sent with a requirement of signature of the recipient, it's important that someone be there to sign for it.

Still REALLY enjoying my X1 Yoga. What a great computer!

Top Kudoed Authors